• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Working out with Army ROTC?

Indeejordan

Hello,
I am having a hard time finding good workout buddies at my school. Would it be a bad idea to ask the Army ROTC at my school if I could workout with them in the morning? They are the only ROTC program on campus or anywhere near me. I think it could also give me some good experience preparing for OCC. Would it be disrespectful for me to ask them when I plan on being a Marine Corps Officer? Thank you for any advice you may have.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
I dont think it would be. We have some PLCers at my unit that hang out with us from time to time. Granted we are a Navy/MC unit, but if there isnt an NROTC unit around the next best thing would be Army or AF.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I agree with Statesman because we have the same thing going here. It never hurts to keep yourself in tip-top shape by working out with a NROTC unit.

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
Hello,
I am having a hard time finding good workout buddies at my school. Would it be a bad idea to ask the Army ROTC at my school if I could workout with them in the morning? They are the only ROTC program on campus or anywhere near me. I think it could also give me some good experience preparing for OCC. Would it be disrespectful for me to ask them when I plan on being a Marine Corps Officer? Thank you for any advice you may have.

If you end up pursuing this, try to work out with Ranger Challenge. They really are the only group that does a decent job at pting.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Here's my advice. If you have a Marine Corps Recruiting office around, go there and introduce yourself. They'll probably be too busy to PT with you, but if they're like most recruiting offices, they'll let you PT with their poolees or let you be the platoon leader unless you're a soup sandwich. It won't be superman PT or anything, but at least you'll be in the right culture, the experience will undoubtedly teach you something, and you'll get to see where enlisted Marines come from. Hell, it's even a great opportunity to bolster your MC knowledge. Except for the leadership stuff all of the knowledge is exactly the same.

GroundPounder

I concurr with Cunningham, go by introduce yourself and get with the Ranger Challange crew. My school , University of Kansas, had all branches of ROTC and there was quite a bit of hanging out with each other. For what it was worth we all made fun of the AF types, and most of them didn't even bother to defend themselves. :)

Indeejordan

Thanks for the advice. It can't hurt to ask. I let you know how it turns out. I wonder how they will receive me. I can imagine it will be some good competition.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Thanks for the advice. It can't hurt to ask. I let you know how it turns out. I wonder how they will receive me. I can imagine it will be some good competition.

They'll probably hassle you a bit, but that will all go away once you knock them out of the water. :icon_smil

WishICouldFly

UO Future Pork Chop
At my school, PT classes are public, open to all students, along with RC. You could check into whether it is so at your school, too. Couldn't you just take the classes? That is, if you don't want to make a big deal about being a Navy OC or whatever.

egolnick

Hello,

I had the same deal bro. I went and trained with the Army ROTC here at UM. I was a bit sketch about it at first, but it was good to PT with a military minded unit. I would also suggest doing the ranger challenge, it is a lot more strenuous then their regular PT (which some units are more of a joke than others...ie the Airforce ROTC who PT at 7:30AM and I had better PT in little league) In any case, ROTC is a good idea and if you tell them what you are doing they will help you out with your PRT for OCC. Good Luck!