• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Working and going school > going to school with a parental umbillical

TrueAce

Banned
How about Douchebag?

At least Joboy was funny at times.

Eh it's fine with me doesn't really bother. I was actually hoping for masterbater, but it looks like you have that on lock down.

I'm JK everyone calm down...before I receive a PM from you as well as your wife lol. I've received four PM's from two husband and wife couples....it just touches my heart.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Eh it's fine with me doesn't really bother. I was actually hoping for masterbater, but it looks like you have that on lock down.

I'm JK everyone calm down...before I receive a PM from you as well as your wife lol. I've received four PM's from two husband and wife couples....it just touches my heart.

Ummm..... :confused:

MrSaturn

Contributor
The deal with my parents was that I'd do the same for my kid. Which I will.

Which raises a hypothetical question.

If you perceived your child as wasting their education money away would you pull back payments or is it unconditional? What would be that tipping point?

phrogpilot73

If you perceived your child as wasting their education money away would you pull back payments or is it unconditional? What would be that tipping point?
I don't know about HAL, but I had to repay my parents for a semester that I fucked away... This was prior to USNA of course...

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor

To many varibles That's one I'd have to figure out at the time if it happens.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Every time I return to this thread, Truedouche has another red block. Let's see how long he keeps digging and how many red blocks he accumulates before he gets it and shuts up?

TrueAce...... Just stop. Why am I being rude to you? Because I'm trying to help. You think I'm just being an ass? No. I used to BE the douche, the position which you are temporarily filling, so quit now while you are so very very behind.

Good part about Naval Aviation is that we drink a lot and have attention spans like children, so if you STFU for a short enough while, come back when you have something to contribute and do so cautiously, you will get little shit, if any at all.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
With that, Thread is closed and TA's latest outburst deleted to keep the ashes from reigniting

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
With that, Thread is closed and TA's latest outburst deleted to keep the ashes from reigniting

Mod note: Once thread was closed, TA (AKA JK or Tennis21000) resorted to rude and crude PMs to those who either gave him negative rep or posted comments counter to his opinions. He is now banned for extremely distasteful remarks made to a female poster. Upon further research, turns out this is not the first time he's resorted to extremely crude remarks on the Internet, particularly to women.

RocktheBloc

Here are my two cents on the matter...

I don't know if it changed, but the last time I checked, a child's college education is a parent's responsibility. Always has been, always should be. If they can pay for it, then they should do it. Should a child do what he can to help finance it, sure, but education comes first.

ZekeBathory

Doe-eyed Hopeful
I'm not taking ToolAss's position by any means, but I just wanted to point out that he's generalizing and pooping on an otherwise valid issue.

My parents were poor and couldn't afford to send me to community college, much less a private university. I joined the Marine Corps not because I wanted college money, but because I wanted a way out of the life I certainly would have been stuck in if I stayed in the po-dunk hamlet in which I was born. As a matter of fact (and feel free to rip on me for this), I turned down the GI Bill when I was filling out paperwork at Parris Island because I was sure I wouldn't be goin' to no college. Whether it was admin incompetence or just someone doing me a favor, my denial of the GI Bill was overlooked and I ended up paying into it anyway.

So, you can imagine my disgust when I was working a retail job to help my girlfriend finish her degree and I ended up meeting people who came from affluent backgrounds with parents who paid for all their housing and education and blew it because they chose to sit around and smoke pot and party all the time.

Yeah, some kids are generally douchebags. They take their sweet time, change their majors every semester, and wipe their asses with their parents' love and charity. Meanwhile, there's a basically good kid standing behind the counter at Subway, dreaming of the day he can pursue a better life.

Maybe that's what our little buddy was trying to convey. It's a shame he was a jackhole about it, especially to people I personally admire. But there was a peanut-sized grain of truth in the mass of turds that came out of that boy's mouth.

How we liking them visuals?

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
So, you can imagine my disgust when I was working a retail job to help my girlfriend finish her degree and I ended up meeting people who came from affluent backgrounds with parents who paid for all their housing and education and blew it because they chose to sit around and smoke pot and party all the time.
If your disgust is because these kids were taking advantage of their parents and wasting an opportunity, then fine. Further, those parents were just as much at fault for not monitoring their kids and letting themselves be used this way.

If your disgust is because the parents were paying, then I'd say the disgust is jealousy.

I would be disgusted in the first case - at both the kids and the parents.

ZekeBathory

Doe-eyed Hopeful
My biggest problem, besides the kids not living up to their potential, is the parents who tend to continue to support their kid despite their conduct.