• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Words Fail Me

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
He's reading from a teleprompter, the facts on that are his responsibility, absolutely, but the fault does not lie directly in his hands. Sorry, I couldn't tell you who it was that received the MOH lving or dead, does that make me a bad person? I've read many of the stories, but it's not a life changing thing that's seared into my mind.

MAKE VAPES

Uncle Pettibone
pilot
He's reading from a teleprompter, the facts on that are his responsibility, absolutely, but the fault does not lie directly in his hands. Sorry, I couldn't tell you who it was that received the MOH lving or dead, does that make me a bad person? I've read many of the stories, but it's not a life changing thing that's seared into my mind.

FC2, You also aren't the leader of the what used to be the free world, you also didn't put the medal on one of the guys necks. Could you imagine doing something like this at quarters??? In my mind, this would be like you walking out and manning up the wrong aircraft, not knowing your bold face, showing up drunk to fly etc etc etc... Gaffes like this is indicative of an overall lack of SA, wherewithall, and most of all caring... tooooo coooool for school...

Did President Carter do anything like this???

MasterBates

Fc2 did ask the right Hooters girl for another drink on Sunday, so he's probably better than The President at that thing.

I think I'd remember the ONE living MOH recipient from the current wars better than the random hooters girl.

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
Fc2 did ask the right Hooters girl for another drink on Sunday, so he's probably better than The President at that thing.

I think I'd remember the ONE living MOH recipient from the current wars better than the random hooters girl.

There are (or rather, will shortly will be) two, actually.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot

To be fair the OP didn't say anything about the President... apart from the fact that the CinC is surrounded by morons... and I have to 110% agree. The President is surrounded by people who's job it is to ensure that F' ups like this DONT happen. You're right he read from a teleprompter, one that he didn't type the text into, one that an aid typed the text into. Someone seriously FUCKED UP... we didnt just get the wrong name... we got the wrong person... correct unit, correct recipient, but someone confused the two. This should have been caught at least 3 levels in the WH communications department.