• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Wonder when the Stolen Valor Act will be federally repealed...

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Good point, it did originate from overseas. But that does not lessen the other facts that were already presented in my "rhetorical device".

Agreed, although it's hard to prove a negative in terms of any kind of "attacks stopped" figures. This seemed to be the mantra of the previous administration for the various laws/agencies/programs that were instituted as a result of 9/11. "Hey, we haven't had another 9/11 style attack, so what we're doing must be working." One assumes that increased scrutiny, rules, what have you, of TSA would be inherently more difficult to get contraband items (or people) through airport security. While we're all familiar with the "we snuck this through TSA" stories in the media, perhaps a more useful comparison would be the number of legitimately suspicious items/people intercepted before and after TSA's emergence.

Now, I'm as frustrated as the next guy about their apparent incompetance, but I suspect that they ultimately do more good than harm in terms of providing a level of security. If they can figure out how to get their agents to start treating passengers like human beings instead of cattle, well... that would be progress.

Brett

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I suspect that to the extent that it doesn't compromize their OPSEC, all of that data is available to the public.

Brett

The Phiz

pilot
In 2005 Alvarez was serving as an elected member of the local water board in Pomona, California, when he said at a board meeting that he had served 25 years in the Marines and had been awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor. In truth, he had never served in the military

I guess he subscribes to "Go big, or Go Home." I would think you would have to be pretty dumb to lie about our most distinguished medal. Well, pretty dumb is lying about Service in the first place. More like exceptionally dumb.