• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Wings Over Pittsburgh 2006!

ItsTurboTime

This morning I woke up to the sound of jets flying very low over my house. I went outside just to miss them the second time. I stayed outside and saw them the third time. IT'S THE BLUE ANGELS. I knew there was an airshow coming up but I didn't know when, and I definitely didn't know the Blue Angels were going to be there. Imagine my surprise when they flew over my house this morning.

I've been trying to get pictures but it isn't going to work. I'll definitely get pictures at the airshow. Hopefully I get to shake some hands, I know they always try to do that after a show.

JIMC5499

ex-Mech
This morning I woke up to the sound of jets flying very low over my house. I went outside just to miss them the second time. I stayed outside and saw them the third time. IT'S THE BLUE ANGELS. I knew there was an airshow coming up but I didn't know when, and I definitely didn't know the Blue Angels were going to be there. Imagine my surprise when they flew over my house this morning.

I've been trying to get pictures but it isn't going to work. I'll definitely get pictures at the airshow. Hopefully I get to shake some hands, I know they always try to do that after a show.

I heard them come in over the building I work in. Airshows this Saturday and Sunday. The Air Force reserve hosts it every year. Any idea when you are going to go Turbo? I'm planning on Sunday. I live in Butler.

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
A few of the stash Ensigns and I might be making our way out there for the day... anyone out there got a VIP connection? We will trade beer and or Penn State gear.

saltpeter

Hah, that brings back old memories. I have have a VIP laminated card for your rental car from a few years back. Your not missing anything though. There was not much going on in a hanger after the airshow and there was a barbeque under a pavillon near the O'club. I'm sure if you ask around they'll invite you for free punch and cookies. Or like most out of towners just head downtown.

mo7stanley

I plan on going to the Souix Falls air show, maybe fly with a couple people over there and stay for the day. I have never see the Blue Angels do an airshow. I liked the Thunderbirds the one time I saw them though.

I will ask the tower for a flyby and will do it even though they say not to. I will scare those people silly, me in my little PA-28 cruising along at 100 kts. Yeah, I am the roxorz. (If you are too stupid to realize this is sarcasm, then you are too stupid to be reading this and thus, you will not realize that it is in fact sarcasm.)

FlytheBall

Maybe, maybe not, maybe go fvck yourself.
pilot
Its good to hear from people from Pittsburgh and the wonderful state of PA. Live it up boys because anywhere you go to train for naval aviation is pretty much a **** hole. Its kinda sad actually...

ItsTurboTime

That was a really fun airshow. I did the best I could to get some good pictures with my old camera. Most of the pictures are pretty self explanitory but I'm pretty sure the guy in the cockpit of the F-16 is the crew chief (as opposed to just some random person). I gotta say everyone got in line to see that thinking that they were going to sit in the plane, but you just got to see him sitting in the plane :icon_tong . I was shocked at how small it was in there. The other cockpit is an F-15.

Attachments

• A-10 front.jpg
    A-10 front.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 18
  • A-10 rear.jpg
    A-10 rear.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 16
  • apache.jpg
    apache.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 20
  • apache cockpit.jpg
    apache cockpit.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 22
  • C-17.jpg
    C-17.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 13
  • F-14.jpg
    F-14.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 20
  • F-14 2.jpg
    F-14 2.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 15
  • F-14 engine.jpg
    F-14 engine.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 20
  • F-14 markings.jpg
    F-14 markings.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 29
  • F-14 markings 2.jpg
    F-14 markings 2.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 18
  • F-16 Fuselage.jpg
    F-16 Fuselage.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 27
  • F-16 cockpit.jpg
    F-16 cockpit.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 35
  • F-15 cockpit.jpg
    F-15 cockpit.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 29
  • F-18.jpg
    F-18.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 24
  • F-18 2.jpg
    F-18 2.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 30
  • F-18 3.jpg
    F-18 3.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 15
  • marines a-4.jpg
    marines a-4.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 38
  • marines a-4 under.jpg
    marines a-4 under.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 18
  • stuntplane.jpg
    stuntplane.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 21
  • fat albert.jpg
    fat albert.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 20

ItsTurboTime

Doesn't get much better than this. One of the highlights was when the four formation flyers came in from the left in a nice echelon, rolled the echelon in perfect synchronization transfixing the crowd, and then all of a sudden the two solos came out of nowhere behind the crowd and made everyone jump. I got my program signed by the #3 pilot.

One thing that caught me off gaurd was the all-yellow flight suit. I'd never seen that before.

Attachments

• blue angels1.jpg
    blue angels1.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 27
  • blue angels2.jpg
    blue angels2.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 16
  • blue angels3.jpg
    blue angels3.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 22
  • blue angels4.jpg
    blue angels4.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 20
  • blue angels-5.jpg
    blue angels-5.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 24
  • blue angles5.jpg
    blue angles5.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 23

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That was a really fun airshow. I did the best I could to get some good pictures with my old camera. Most of the pictures are pretty self explanitory but I'm pretty sure the guy in the cockpit of the F-16 is the crew chief (as opposed to just some random person). I gotta say everyone got in line to see that thinking that they were going to sit in the plane, but you just got to see him sitting in the plane :icon_tong . I was shocked at how small it was in there. The other cockpit is an F-15.

Who flew in the A-4?.....I like the Bunny...:D

themoose82

Its good to hear from people from Pittsburgh and the wonderful state of PA. Live it up boys because anywhere you go to train for naval aviation is pretty much a **** hole. Its kinda sad actually...

What are you talkin about? Pittsburgh is a **** hole so you should be used to it. :icon_tong

I kid, I kid. I just spent a week in the burgh visiting family (Grandfathers, aunts, cousins, etc). Partied it up a few nights on the South side. Ate some great Italian food. Always love going up there. Flytheball, where in Pittsburgh are you from? I stayed in Dormont while I was up.

My one aunt lives out near the airport and I saw some of the planes flyin around out at her place. Wish I could have stayed in town for the show.

Turbo-Awsome pics. Coulda been with a camera phone and they still woulda been nice :D

Moose

Scotty-O

Due to the government,I feel over-stimulated.
Here's a few shots I got at Miramar last year - planning to go this year if anyone wants to meet up for a beer? :D

P1010052.JPG

P1010055.JPG

P1010058.JPG

P1010061.JPG

P1010059.JPG