• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Winging ceremony

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNAMOM

When an SNA qualifies at the boat, I know they get their wings in an informal ceremony. When is the formal ceremony for the parents, wives, etc. usually scheduled? How long after that? My son is scheduled to go to the boat in November (it was originally Sept.). Do you think this boat date will be pushed out again? Just wondering how long after the official ceremony is usually held.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Since nobody has answered yet, I'll chime in. Though its been a while for me, I earned my soft wings the day after I completed CQ, 18 Jul 96. The formal ceremony took place on 26 Jul 96. Great day for me and your son will no doubt feel the same way when he earns his.

As far as boat dates, many factors can come into play. The Navy tries to keep a good schedule but things like war can through off CQ plans. At the FRS, the war and a mishap throw the boat schedule off for about 4-5 classes.

BeanFighter

pilot
MOM, your stud should ask his OPSO when is tentative wing date is. The dates are not set in stone due to many factors but it will be the latest greatest info.

Beanfighter

P.S. My mom winged me in 95', it was the best.

SNAMOM

Thanks for the info!

I appreciate the info. Bunk22, I noticed that you stressed the "When" in your reply. I believe that I have to think positively when it comes to my son getting his wings. I know what a daunting task it is to try to become one of the "best" pilots the U.S. has and I can't say how much respect I have for everyone of you. I know I can't even begin to understand how much hard work goes into getting wings, but I can imagine what finally becoming a Navy pilot would mean to anyone. Keeping my fingers crossed and saying lots of prayers for my son. He is leaving today for WEPS training in California. I can't wait to hear all about it! Thanks again for all the information!

Status
Not open for further replies.