• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Why our best officers are leaving

Pepe

If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.
pilot
Once people get into a position where they have the potential to make changes,
1) it's easier not to make changes,
2) They got into high positions in the current system, so from their personal perspective, it's not as much of a problem
3) Bureaucratic inertia makes it hard for someone to effect this type of change before their tour is up.

Obviously there are exceptions, but human nature affects naval officers, too.

I think these two are the biggest contributers. And I hope that "Bureaucratic inertia" is the more potent of the two. Which, in my humble opinion, is mostly caused by 0-4's seeking fitrep bullets.

60bubba

Other reasons...

The higher I get, the more I am disgusted by what I see. Extreme micro-management, indecisiveness, CYA mentalities, punishing all for the acts of one. The list of incompetence goes on and on and you see it everywhere. At least CAPT Owens took care of his Sailors!

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor

HuggyU2

None
Extreme micro-management, indecisiveness, CYA mentalities, punishing all for the acts of one. The list of incompetence goes on and on and you see it everywhere.
I didn't know you did an interservice transfer to the Air Force.