• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Why did you join?

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
1. Adventure/challenge
2. Exclusivity
3. Good investment in default career if I didn't like civ prospects at EAOS.

Always was oriented to the military. Came within a frog's hair of joining ANG Air Defense unit when I was 17. Step Mom's first husband was a AF pilot (killed Viet Nam) and she insisted I go to school first and be an officer. She was worried the ANG would divert my attendtion from college. Always prefered the sea services. Might have gone CG but eyes weren't good enough for pilot and they had no NFOs. Majored in professional aviation type of program and most all the AFROTC guys in my major were geeks or jerks. By the time the Navy recruiter took me up in his T-34B (the good ol days) and arranged a P-3 flight for some of us prospects, I was hooked. Never wanted P-3s but the professionalism and fun seeking attitude of the crew was impressive. We all got to fly the venerable P-3C, something the AF would never have allowed. Everyone from the AO3 to the PPC was great. I wanted to be like them (but better, that is why I went TACAIR ;) ).