• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Why can't I upload a new profile pic?

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
I decided today that it was time to change my profile pic. I deleted the old one, but am unable to upload a new one. I tried several, and all were within the 350x350 pixel / 97kB limit. Logged out and in, tried new browser window. Nuttin. Any suggestions?

Crowbar

None
At the moment, the webmaster is unavailable. He may get to hit the site once or twice during the day but doesn't have a whole lot of time to fix problems. We may have to wait a few days until it gets fixed.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I thought I cleared this problem up, will look at it again later. As crowbar mentioned, I am time limited in my ability over the next two weeks to address emails, PMs or queries.

John

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Machine: you seem to be up on this software and system ... why does this happen when one clicks on the last post in a thread off the home page??? It has been a fact of life since the last major software upgrade 3-4 weeks (?) ago. I forwarded the info to Web-san at the time, but he's been busy moving.

AW Home page said:
No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Two issues that have been brought up:

1) PROFILE PIC: With the last upgrade, I moved the avatar, profile, and attachments from database storage to being stored as a file on the server. The database was getting taken up by too much extra stuff, and some of the documentation I read recommended that you seperate the two, so the speed of the forum would be better. The consequence, I must have messed up the read/write privs. of the attachments/profile/avatar storage. Think all of them except the profile folder I changed, must have missed that one. So, basically, the forum software doesn't have write access to that directory. Unfortunately, until I get set up in my new location, there is nothing I can do for that.

2) A4s: You mention the front page, and the fact that the links dont work when you click on go to last post. Once again, this is an add-on mod that I need to check up on, (two weeks ago they did not have an update that addressed the new forum code).

John

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
well webby, thanks for the update and all the work you do on here. i'm sure you'll hop right on the recent bugs as soon as you can. in the meantime, the database junkie in me is curious to the structure of the system. is there any online documentation i can read about it?

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
in the meantime, the database junkie in me is curious to the structure of the system. is there any online documentation i can read about it?
The website is powered by (thanks to Machine) the current mySQL server, and the website forum software is by vBulletin. You can go to their website at : www.vbulletin.com

John