• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

why are you an SNA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

version2point0

ok. because of the comments in the "hornet engagements" thread, ive decided to ask why people want to be aviators? dont gimme the same-o same-o about girls dig us and stuff, really tell me what drew you flying?

do you want helos? props? jets? and most importantly "why!"

im an SNA because i wanted to engage in dogfights, but from listening to the guys in the other thread, it doesnt sound like that occurs much anymore. but that doesnt change my goal, it just changes my motivation. i still want jets because i wanna night trap on carriers :)

-v2.0

paikea

Eight-year-olds, Dude.
I know I'm not an SNA yet, but I have always been fascinated with aircraft ever since I could understand what the hell they are. The freedom, the speed, the challenge, and the lifestyle motivates me to become a pilot. I've always been a very spiritual type of person. That might explain it.

slasher

OCC 186 Bound
I will continue to be a pilot whether or not I am a military one. It's freedom to me. I'm a traveler, and I need to be on the move for my own well being. And being a pilot allows me to do that.

I'll fly whatever the Marine Corps gives me the "Keys" to, so to speak.

Although I must admit I'd love to use that cheesy pickup line infamous to rocket jockey's: "Pardon me ma'am, but I seem to have lost my jet keys..." I don't even care if I get the girl, I just want the experience.
jester_125.gif
lol

Ray

Hey, if you want to dogfight fly in the military. Can't do it anywhere else. And besides, even though we don't engage the 'enemy' all that much anymore, ACM and BFM are daily occurences in squadrons all over the military. Gotta practice you know.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
I've wanted to be a pilot ever since my first airshow when i was 8. Back then i thought only the Air Force flew and thats where i thought i had to go (what was i thinking!). My dad was in the Navy and he was the first to tell me that the Navy flew aircraft (and he said he'd disown me if I joined the Air Force). I worked hard throughout high school just to become a Naval Aviator and did the same during college after I got my ROTC slot. Most folks (Army buddies) will ask "Did you wanna fly for the Navy after watching Top Gun or what?" That is just dumb I didnt see Top Gun until maybe my junior year of high school after I had already applied for the NROTC. I never had the privilege or money to fly general aviation so my first actual "taste" of flying was in IFS and I'm happy to say I loved it. I wouldnt change my job for the world.

version2point0

thats oool everyone. my father is ret 0-6, my grandfather is ret w-2, so this job is in my blood. my dad was an aviator too, so im all about the flying and airshows as well. ive wanted to be a lawyer since i was in 6th grade and i have a degree that will get me in to law school, but i REALLY want to fly for as long as the navy will let me first :)

officer first, aviator second, retirement third... then i might gain some weight and practice law somewhere :)

-v2.0

zachary2777

Banned
Hello all, this is my first post.

I'm not an SNA, I'm a freshman in college doing ROTC and I want to be a pilot. My grandpa flew Corsairs and Hellcats in WWII and my dad is in the Air Force (don't say anything... I've heard it all hehe, but the Air Force has some really cool planes so I still like the AF) and he's flown F-15 C's and E's, and F-16s. So like some of you, its becoming a legacy, plus I've always been fascinated with air planes.

-Zak

paikea

Eight-year-olds, Dude.
Also to add, I sat in an F-14 when I was 8. No wonder why I'm obsessed with the damn plane.

wildflyin69

Grad of OCS 187 Charlie Co. 3rd Plt.
ok seriously, I want to be an SNA (through the Marines) because the minute I sat down in the pilot's seat of a Piper I was hooked on aviation. Except I want to go faster. I also have had a growing drive to join the military for several years which was only fanned by the events of September 11th. Then I started thinking that being able to fly in the military would be a great thing. Then I based my choice and which service would train me to be the most effective I possibly can be and with that in mind I decided on the Marines. Nothing like being effective on the ground AND the air! So here I am shooting for that June OCS date....man I suddenly feel pumped up, I better go run some laps...

Status
Not open for further replies.