• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Who wants to be an NFO?

Flying Low

Yea sure or Yes Sir?
pilot
Contributor
I wasn't going to get into the middle of a pissing war, but being the token AF guy on the site I will tell you it is unadvisable to piss off both the more senior guys on the site as well as those of us WITH wings and espcially those who have already been farther along in our careers then you are.

Get wings above your avatar then fling all the shit you want.

Until then - a piece of advise = let it go already your not going to win.

Just because they are senior on the site does not make my post less valuable. I understand seniority on the Internet. But just because I have not been on this forum a long time does not mean I haven't been in the military a long time. However I do understand your points.

I'm not trying to win. Really I'm not even sure what we are arguing about. I would put wings above my avatar but I didn't feel the need to. Well also because I don't know how.

Just because they are senior on the site does not make my post less valuable. I understand seniority on the Internet. But just because I have not been on this forum a long time does not mean I haven't been in the military a long time. However I do understand your points.

I'm not trying to win. Really I'm not even sure what we are arguing about. I would put wings above my avatar but I didn't feel the need to. Well also because I don't know how.

Do a search the webmaster has a thread that describes it.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I can see making fun of NFO's and in return, pilots being bashed but the wife thing, not good. Flying Low isn't exactly an entry level guy either. I'm going to lock this thread and if other's see fit to open it, so be it.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Woke up today (*phew*) and this thread was closed.

For the record --- this is how much I "detest" NFO's .... :)

Amigos, shipmates, and pals forever.

dsc01888ky5.jpg
dsc01937sh3.jpg
artro5.jpg

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Flying Low: I will apologize for calling your wife a cunt and admit that it was too harsh. But I am only apologizing for the wording of my post, not the meaning.

I will accept pilot-NFO banter/bashing from a winged military pilot or even a warfare qualified officer from another community (i.e. SWO) as long as it is good natured and meant in fun. I won't accept it from a wanna-be much less a spouse who's only connection to Naval Aviation is their husband/wife. Once you brought your wife into this, you made her a target. Granted, I could have used a pistol instead of a nuke but discretion has never been one of my strong points.

I now know you are in fact a Naval Aviator and currently an IP. If you updated your profile to make it meaningful, it might change the type of responses you get. Your elusive responses about your status just flame the fire too.

For the record: I am not the one who banned Flying Low.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
There ... something "new" from an "ol" guy ...

RE-OPENED ... as I 'think" everyone's got all the negative vibrations OUT of their systems ... to mutually bash NFO's and Aviators -- and we KNOW what we're talkin' about -- :) -- so for those who don't --- i.e., wannabe's and SNA's/SNFO's ---- tread lightly ... better yet -- stay away.

'Cause in your present state --- you're clueless .... :)

51832782yv3.jpg

Death Rattler

pilot
A great thread! Couple of questions for you gents..If an NFO can log traps, can I count the one while sitting backwards in the COD? and if an NFO can say that he flys an F-18 or an A6, can my old stews say they fly a 767? Inquiring minds want to know.

Hey...it`s a joke!

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
Smart move....a LTJG should be seen and not heard. Get a little rank and we'll let you talk again. :D

Exactly HAL, I don't know why we let these LtJg Dept of Transpor... I mean Homeland Security wannabes run roughshod on an honorable website like AW. ;)

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
OK, teamplayer...you will be laughing at Flight Engineers clocking flthrs as well then, are you? Tell you something; flighthours are counted to indicate a certain level of experience as flightcrew and NATOPS procs. I guess with the NFO community it's the same.

Go ahead and conquer the world...by yourself!

Um, Ok. But I don't wanna do it by myself.

Do you count your landings when you fly as an FE? All I was trying to get at is... Well I guess if you didn't get it the first time you wont. My aircrew don't count traps because, well because they don't. I think they just care about how many traps their pilot that day has.

Counting traps is not a valid measure of an NFO's experience. Years of service, flight hours, # of cruises, qualification levels, etc. What happens to an NFO to Pilot transition, does he get to pick up his trap count where he left off? Sorry you and I don't agree, but I will always laugh at an NFO strutting around a centurion patch, It is a waste of thread...But I will respect their missile shot patches because I know that they employ the weapon systems. See the diff?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Counting traps is not a valid measure of an NFO's experience.

I'll initially caveat this statement with an acknowledgment that not all NFOs are front seat types with co-pilot duties. That said, number of traps is a measurement of experience behind the boat. If it's a valid metric for Pilots, then it applies for NFOs. Show me an NFO with 1000 traps vs one that has none, both with an equal number of flight hours, and I'll show you, on balance a better NFO (at the boat) - same deal for pilots. Bottom line, it's a measure of experience at the boat, regardless of designator. To discount it, out of hand, is just ignorance.

Brett