• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Who wants to be an NFO?

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
My being cool has nothing to do with me being a pilot.

I'm not entirely sure if this (and all of your other posts) is just a weak attempt at humor. If so, well, work on it.

If not, you suck, like, you know...a lot. I've met tools like you who've obtained their wings (by no small miracle) and make it out to the fleet. They end up receiving a HUGE amount of crap from their squadron mates because they just don't get it. I'd say this is fairly evident in your posts (but again, humor is hard to gauge over the internet, that's why A4's adds smiles).

I normally don't jump people's shit on here but your posts are just silly. You are acting like a cornered child. Show a little respect for those who've gone before you (in some cases LONG before you). If you act in your wardroom as you act in here, you’re going to be crucified.

Pugs

Back from the range
None
I'm not trying to be argumentative, but wouldn't that hold true for pilots as well?

There was always (and I assume it hasn't changed) a requirement for NFO vision to correct to 20/20 with glasses or contacts. The uncorrected vision requirement only applied to initial training. Lots pilots with cheaters out in the fleet eventually. If they needed them I always checked he had'em particularly at night. :)

Course some here seem to believe an NFO doesn't do anything to get the jet aboard the boat so no idea why I bothered. :( Course I also notice the one's who wonder why NFO's count traps are not jet guys nor have they ever flown with an NFO making their opinion pretty irrelevant.

11 hours to sun over the yardarm........

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
:( Course I also notice the one's who wonder why NFO's count traps are not jet guys nor have they ever flown with an NFO making their opinion pretty irrelevant.

If you were refering to my post, I think

A. The sarcastic and teasing intent my post was pretty blatant

B. I spent most of my flying career with NFO's

C. If you are in a tube (or obstructed back seat) and have no influence on the pass, I will laugh at you for counting traps. If you are up front and provide legit backup, we're cool.

D. If you are a pilot and count traps in any seat other than the one that counts, I will laugh even more at you. You are a tool

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
That's not the point. The point is that if someone had a million dollars then they would pick NFO over pilot. I don't buy that. How many selection forms have been submitted that had NFO as their #1 choice and Pilot as the #2. I would say few to none.

Hell, I put NFO #1 and didn't even put pilot down. Of course, I can't see shit, but it would have been the same even if I could.

People like this make me laugh.

East

东部
Contributor
Go ahead and conquer the world

If you were refering to my post, I think

A. The sarcastic and teasing intent my post was pretty blatant

B. I spent most of my flying career with NFO's

C. If you are in a tube (or obstructed back seat) and have no influence on the pass, I will laugh at you for counting traps. If you are up front and provide legit backup, we're cool.

D. If you are a pilot and count traps in any seat other than the one that counts, I will laugh even more at you. You are a tool

OK, teamplayer...you will be laughing at Flight Engineers clocking flthrs as well then, are you? Tell you something; flighthours are counted to indicate a certain level of experience as flightcrew and NATOPS procs. I guess with the NFO community it's the same.

Go ahead and conquer the world...by yourself!

phrogpilot73

I'd like to take this opportunity to mention a few things...

One - Thank god there are no NFO's in the rotary wing community... It makes it easier to band together against the forces of evil (a.k.a. - Jet Guys), than to waste time with any infighting.

Two - Good thing you edited your post HAL, I was about to go medieval on your ass! :D

Three - All kidding aside, my personal opinion (truly only an opinion, with no basis in personal experience) is that NFO's are worth their weight in gold. I've heard this from a number of pilots in F/A-18D and EA-6B squadrons. If there really wasn't a need for them, or if they weren't so invaluable - then the Navy/Marine Corps simply wouldn't have the designator.

Just my $0.02

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
As a NFO, I have no problem taking crap from a winged pilot. Are you a winged Naval Aviator? Is your wife? Or is this just another case of a wanna-be and a cunt trying to be something they're not?

(Edit: To clarify, I'm not saying all wives are cunts.)

Don't sugar coat it, just say what you mean :icon_mi_1

Flying Low

Yea sure or Yes Sir?
pilot
Contributor
1. Yes most my posts are meant to be funny.
2. I have nothing against Fo's. Just make fun of them.
3. My wife is not a cunt. And to do so is uncalled for. That whole comment is just wrong. You act like I stole your wiz wheel or something. True I brought my wife up, but I believe your statement crossed the line.
4. Me having wings has no bearing on this subject.
5. Several of you have gotten riled up over my post. Why? Because I said I most want to be a pilot over NFO. I must have hit a very sensitive spot judging by all the responses. Maybe I was wrong. Maybe I missed all the pilot to NFO transfers in API. I do understand the importance of a crew. A solid Crew Chief is invaluable.

I'm sure you guys love your job. Anything in Aviation beats SWO. But y'all act like I just said you were a POS and you wife is a cunt. Oh wait, that was you talking to me. And as far as me in a wardroom. Don't worry. If all you are judging me by is a few posts then you really have no idea how I am. Without hearing someones tone or expressions then things can be taken the wrong way over the Internet. I will try to be more sensitive next time.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
How many selection forms have been submitted that had NFO as their #1 choice and Pilot as the #2. I would say few to none.

Mine did.

Fling your own poop when you get some wings on your chest, stick monkey wanabee, until then you can fling mine for me. :)

funny-pictures-monkey-moe-ZAQ.jpg

But seriously...who really cares???

Flying Low

Yea sure or Yes Sir?
pilot
Contributor
Mine did.

Fling your own poop when you get some wings on your chest, stick monkey wanabee, until then you can fling mine for me. :)

So if have my wings then I can fling some poop and you guys won't get you panties all bunched up?

apefinger.gif

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ah yes, the relative anonymity of "the Internets"

Makes men out of mice....or is that the other way around.

I'm off to squeeze limes. :)

So if have my wings then I can fling some poop and you guys won't get you panties all bunched up?

I wasn't going to get into the middle of a pissing war, but being the token AF guy on the site I will tell you it is unadvisable to piss off both the more senior guys on the site as well as those of us WITH wings and espcially those who have already been farther along in our careers then you are.

Get wings above your avatar then fling all the shit you want.

Until then - a piece of advise = let it go already your not going to win.