• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Who wants to be an NFO?

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
RetreadRand said:
well now I guess someone has to try and make P-3s look cool...would be a helluva lot tougher

I think you could sooner make Ophra hot.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
What are you talking about??? Oprah is hot.:tongue2_1

oprah.jpg

Where is that Kool Aid...:confused:

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
I remember seeing that at the stand down.

And I know all those instructors. Glad to see some pro-nfo propaganda out there.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I stopped watching the moment he said he flew the F-18F hornet. Back in 2000, I was in this excercise in S. Korea. I was in a group of guys with our leader being an Air Force Colonel. I really didn't look at his wings but he was asked what he flew, he said F-4's. He had a lot of flying stories and all of them revolved around him flying the F-4. He was a nice guy, very interesting. Of course come to find out he wasn't pilot. He just made it sound like he was. He bought me beers all the time so I loved him anyway :D

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I stopped watching the moment he said he flew the F-18F hornet. Back in 2000, I was in this excercise in S. Korea. I was in a group of guys with our leader being an Air Force Colonel. I really didn't look at his wings but he was asked what he flew, he said F-4's. He had a lot of flying stories and all of them revolved around him flying the F-4. He was a nice guy, very interesting. Of course come to find out he wasn't pilot. He just made it sound like he was. He bought me beers all the time so I loved him anyway :D

It's a standard thing to say in my community.

Brett

FLY_USMC

pilot
My buddy in NFO land got it figured out early, he used to say he had to go for a ride, then he'd be back if we wanted to hit the bar.

East

东部
Contributor
It's a standard thing to say in my community.

Brett

I was a Flight Engineer and I flew the mighty P-3....nothing wrong with that phrase.
That's why we have different set of wings, to indicate what role we play on board.

Attachments

• 334cs.jpg
    334cs.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 18
  • arabic nametag.jpg
    arabic nametag.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 21
    5.9 KB · Views: 41
  • DESERTPETE.jpg
    DESERTPETE.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 24
  • VP-30 EASTBW nametag.jpg
    VP-30 EASTBW nametag.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 32

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I was a Flight Engineer ..... and I flew..... the mighty P-3....nothing wrong with that phrase.
That's why we have different set of wings, to indicate what role we play on board.
Huh, that's strange .... when I was a pilot .... and I flew ... the "mighty" A-6 all-weather attack plane .... WE had different set(s) of mask(s) to indicate what role we played on board ... ;)

happysadmc0.jpg

East

东部
Contributor
Different masks

See here the entire crew with the same mask, what role did they play... or played with during operation "deep freeze" in their aircraft "double-nuts".;)

Attachments

• vxexd00a.jpg
    vxexd00a.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 186

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
I am an NFO and I flew the S-3B

The last time I checked, the crew flys and fights the aircraft. This would include enlisted aircrew in P-3's and helos. I would expect an attitude like this out of an Air Force UAV "pilot." So what is the difference between a kid that has 3000 hours playing Falcon 4.0 and a Predator pilot?