• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Who Is Going To NSI In Feb?

OneBadSSS

FY08 STA-21 Pilot Selectee/Currently at ODU
Well I just got back from checking in at BOOST (we're off for the rest of the weekend) and I got to meet some of the guys I'll be going through the program with. Barracks rooms aren't terrible, but they are smaller than I expected...no big deal though!

The real fun begins Tuesday morning at 0430!!!

OneBadSSS

Any NSIers have checked-in? Did you wear uniform or civies?

I know there was at least one guy that has checked in for NSI already (he was out with a bunch of us for dinner @ Brick Alley Pub last night). I wore my Dress Blues, but I know Haubby and Smittay checked in wearing civies yesterday and while I was unpacking there was a guy who'd just checked in wearing his working blues. So it's really up to you what you wear...you'll check in at the QD of King Hall (there was a young CWO2 and an Ensign on watch when I checked in this morning, both cool and laid back) and then from there they will direct you to go to Nimitz Hall just down the road which is wear the Barracks for us are. It's funny cuz they have all the Marine BOOSTers right down the hall from the Navy BOOSTers, but the Marines have already been there for 3-6 months (they will graduate the same time as us) so they were all filling us in on what to expect and how classes are and stuff. Great bunch of guys though! I'm excited to start!

ELT(SS)

I just talked to a guy that went through 2 years ago, he said they gave him a weird look when he checked in with civilian clothes on but nothing came of it. I am going with working blues because they are still comfortable enough, and only have one button on the pants. This was an awesome website and I appreciate all the info from everybody, and I will see all the NSIers tomorrow. It sounds like Monday is a free day too, so maybe we will all be doing those elearning courses all F'in day. Take it easy

ELT(SS)

OK, I just read the academic prereqs, and it turns out that we have until the end of the first week to finish them. I should probably know by now to read everything instead of just the beginning and freaking out, but like all nukes I am always waiting for the metaphorical 'anal pounding'. So if anybody else was freaking out about that, we have until next sunday. I should really probably get on the road, for serious this time.

erelislt

Well, I just finished checking-in (in dress blues), there were two female Ensigns at the Quarter Deck (King's Hall). Once you check-in you must sleep at the barracks (Liberty ends at midnight). So no hotel for me. I could not attend yesterday's dinner - I arrived after midnight, so anyone up for a dinner tonight?

mh53eflyguy

Stashed...again.
I'll be driving down and checking in tomorrow from NH. I have NLT 17FEB on my orders, so I'm going to enjoy my evening up here. I'll check in in my Dress Blues...See you all tomorrow!

EM1toNFO

Killing insurgents with my 'messages'!!
None
I'm about 2 hrs south in Stratford, CT.. I'll be there early afternoon in dress blues..

C ya tomorrow..

EM1

BOCOD

No need to check in wearing a uniform. I ended up checking in wearing civies and it was no problem. The rooms suck and it is so boring. Only 61 days left though.

vicariousrider

War Eagle!
The rooms suck and it is so boring. Only 61 days left though.

At least we're not wearing desert cammies, living in tents, and counting down 361 days left. Or, walking around looking at gauges, wondering what meal we'll be served after lunch, and wondering when we'll get our next email from back home.

Come on, guys! Let's have some positive outlook here. We're not in open bay barracks, we get liberty, and we're not running around the way we did in boot camp. Just remember - IT'S NOT THE BOAT!

OneBadSSS

At least we're not wearing desert cammies, living in tents, and counting down 361 days left. Or, walking around looking at gauges, wondering what meal we'll be served after lunch, and wondering when we'll get our next email from back home.

Come on, guys! Let's have some positive outlook here. We're not in open bay barracks, we get liberty, and we're not running around the way we did in boot camp. Just remember - IT'S NOT THE BOAT!

I'm happier than a pig in sh*t to be here and I have no complaints! :D

user2176

STA-21 Core Selectee FY08
Contributor
I'm stuck in Chicago. I won't be in until 2200 at the earliest :eek:

I have to say thanks to the USO, though... it makes Chicago not so bad.