• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Who Is Going To NSI In Feb?

BOCOD

Does anyone know if the PFA's will be run like ones on the boat? I was just wondering because I am all about radcon math. Once we check in wont we be on lock down and not able to go out? At least that's what the NSI website says.

OneBadSSS

FY08 STA-21 Pilot Selectee/Currently at ODU
if you are my partner it will be done that way, fat chance though, I am going to boost.

I'm willing to bet that most, if not all, of the guys/gals going up, regardless of whether they're in BOOST or NSI, will be following that rule. God help the jerkoff that doesn't and lets his/her partner fail because that is just buddy F**king at its ugliest! :icon_rage

ELT(SS)

Does anyone know if the PFA's will be run like ones on the boat? I was just wondering because I am all about radcon math. Once we check in wont we be on lock down and not able to go out? At least that's what the NSI website says.
I have been an ELT for so long I don't even know how to count not in multiples of 5.

ELT(SS)

As long as the number agrees with either the one before or after, but not necessarily both, then you are good to go.

ELT(SS)

Is anybody else trying to get a student loan? And if so are you confused out of your mind because I am. Everywhere I try they tell me the school has to do it, but I need the money for the summer semester becaue stupid San Diego State won't give me in state tuition. So if anybody wants to donate about 20 grand to the 'student loans are too hard for me' fund that would work too.

k_smittay

I have never heard of a school not giving active duty military under orders in-state tuition. When I went to San Diego city college a few years back they gave me in state tuition. You should hassle the school a little more.

user2176

STA-21 Core Selectee FY08
Contributor
I found the info online about California and instate tuition, I forgot where. Basically if said if you are on orders to California for the purpose of education you don't qualify for instate. That's why my choices dropped to Colorado and Arizona, and I'm going to Arizona. I was down there the other day. The campus is nice... and the AF base is close...

ELT(SS)

Apparently California is hurting so bad for money they will take it wherever they can it. They told me the same thing, and since I got an SRB and two annual installments last year, it makes it look like I make twice as much as I really do on my taxes, I hadn't thought of that before I made my decision. But, I will find somebody to give me a loan, its not like I won't have a job until at least Feb 2014 so I am not too worried about it. I wish Minnesota could have the same weather as San Diego, then I would have went there, but since it is supposed to be -20 with 30mph winds this weekend I will pay some out of pocket to enjoy 355(it usually rains for two weeks straight in October/November) days of the year instead of 100.

OneBadSSS

FY08 STA-21 Pilot Selectee/Currently at ODU
Apparently California is hurting so bad for money they will take it wherever they can it. They told me the same thing, and since I got an SRB and two annual installments last year, it makes it look like I make twice as much as I really do on my taxes, I hadn't thought of that before I made my decision. But, I will find somebody to give me a loan, its not like I won't have a job until at least Feb 2014 so I am not too worried about it. I wish Minnesota could have the same weather as San Diego, then I would have went there, but since it is supposed to be -20 with 30mph winds this weekend I will pay some out of pocket to enjoy 355(it usually rains for two weeks straight in October/November) days of the year instead of 100.

Try calling USAA about their pre-commissioning loan (unsecured loan for up to $25K @ 1.9% APR) and see if you qualify as an STA-21 selectee. I've been meaning to call them myself about this, but I keep forgetting! If you call post up so the rest of us know what you find out! :D

ELT(SS)

Try calling USAA about their pre-commissioning loan (unsecured loan for up to $25K @ 1.9% APR) and see if you qualify as an STA-21 selectee. I've been meaning to call them myself about this, but I keep forgetting! If you call post up so the rest of us know what you find out! :D
Did not know about that, I will call them on Monday, Thanks