• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Who Is Going To NSI In Feb?

OneBadSSS

FY08 STA-21 Pilot Selectee/Currently at ODU
My orders have me checking in NLT 16Feb. When reporting on 16Feb report between 0700-0900. I fully expect them to say once we check in to not come back till Monday.

I am expecting the same...are you planning on checking in right at 0700? I'm thinking they are going to just throw people in rooms together as they check in, something else to think about...

user2176

STA-21 Core Selectee FY08
Contributor
My orders have me checking in NLT 16Feb. When reporting on 16Feb report between 0700-0900. I fully expect them to say once we check in to not come back till Monday.

My orders have a report NLT FEB 17 and NET FEB 16.

I'm flying in the afternoon of the 17th.

OneBadSSS

FY08 STA-21 Pilot Selectee/Currently at ODU
My orders have a report NLT FEB 17 and NET FEB 16.

I'm flying in the afternoon of the 17th.

Are you going to NSI or BOOST? Haubby, Lucky and myself are going to BOOST and if you're going to NSI that could explain the different checkin dates...

user2176

STA-21 Core Selectee FY08
Contributor
Are you going to NSI or BOOST? Haubby, Lucky and myself are going to BOOST and if you're going to NSI that could explain the different checkin dates...

Ah yes, I'm just lucky enough to go to NSI. No BOOST for me... I'll let you guys know how summer school is...

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
Hmm, A) this is a training command and B) when was the last time you were allowed to formally check in to a command in civvies period?
Hmmm. Well like people have already pointed out there are contradicting instructions depending on where you look.

As for the last time, I have checked in wearing civvies the last two commands (both on weekends).

I'm wearing civvies and thats because I intend to continue following good practice by not traveling in uniform. If it was a workday I was checking in on I would change in a head on base but since it's not they shouldn't have any beef about it.

k_smittay

This is officer indoc, you are being afforded the opportunity of a lifetime, I would suggest being as professional as possible. As for contradicting instructions, read the website. Both clearly state the uniform of the day required to checkin--even on weekends...

https://otcn.netc.navy.mil/STA_21/NSI/index.htm
https://otcn.netc.navy.mil/STA_21/Boost/index.htm

Click on arrival information for both to find the page with the info.

"Report in the seasonal Uniform of the Day (E1-E6: summer-summer white, winter-winter blue. E7-E9: service khaki) on the weekend. The muster at 0430 on Monday will be in official Navy PT Gear."

Well... you are wrong. The site IS contradicting.

https://www.sta-21.navy.mil/docs/FY08_NSIwelcome_OTC_a.doc

This link clearly states on page 3 that..

"Report in appropriate civilian attire, i.e. slacks/skirt and shirt with collar/equivalent blouse. PT gear will be issued the first day."

Make sure your ducks are in a row before you correct someone else who was simply asking a question.

FYI... The OTC website and the STA-21 NSI information package state 2 different places to check in. The STA-21 website NSI info has the reporting at the King Hall quarterdeck while the OTC website has everyone going to Nimitz Hall. I would go out on a limb here and say that the website isn't up to date and you should just follow what the BOOST/NSI information packages say to do.

BOCOD

Don't get too worked up about what to report in. Just remember, it is better to ask for forgiveness than permission.

SHAF

Idle for glory
pilot
Well, this is one thing I can be happy to be wrong about anyhow. Wearing civvies to check-in is pretty good stuff.

CTT1 D

ENS D
Just spoke with the STA-21 Director of Ops (LCDR Favata) and his secretary in Newport:

- Check in 0700-0900 on your NLT date, in uniform. If your flight gets delayed or for some reason are not able to make it there by that time they are flexible.

- No class on Monday the 18th. Those of you with rental cars might hold onto them an extra day.

I'll see you all there!

Doran

ELT(SS)

Random thought, but for all the people driving, remember that you will probably be driving through a good chunk of snow belt. This area gets a lot of big storms in February and March. So be checking the weather for that weekend. When I was in NH, there was a "Noreaster" and it took me over 4 hours to drive from Boston to Portsmouth, about 45 miles. And not because I can't drive in the snow, I am from Minnesota, it was just that bad. Also I saw on the Newport Base Site that supposedly the MWR has batting cages, so hopefully they are pretty good, and if so that is where I will be during 80% of our free time. It also says they have indoor golf cages. So anybody that likes baseball, bring your stuff, I am bringing my bat, glove, and catchers glove.