• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Who Is Going To NSI In Feb?

SuccessStory

FY08 STA-21 SNFO SELECT
Me Too! :p

But, hey you and I both know them little ones take up alot of room with all their stuff, not to mention the extra $$ they cost..
Definitely!!! My lil man just started Pre K Wednesday... That was the first time he had been away from us... He did really well though...

SuccessStory

FY08 STA-21 SNFO SELECT
On a totally different note... what do you guys plan on doing about your income taxes? just file for an extension? if i remember correctly we get our w2's Feb 16 and we won't be back in time. Unless they'll take faxed signatures. I know most of you probably file them yourselves but I was just wondering if you all had any input on this.

Lightning26

I think everyone is supposed to have their w2's no later than Jan 22nd, so we should be able to get them done before then. When you log on to MYPAY it will say it on the page before you go to the LES.

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
On a totally different note... what do you guys plan on doing about your income taxes? just file for an extension? if i remember correctly we get our w2's Feb 16 and we won't be back in time. Unless they'll take faxed signatures. I know most of you probably file them yourselves but I was just wondering if you all had any input on this.

I've been using turbotax for quite a few years now. Was free until the last two years or so I made too much. You can check out www.taxfreedom.com or if you are a USAA member use the link from their site. Should get you discounts.

I'm planning on having my wife collect all of the docs as they come in the mail and when everything has come (usually has by March time) just mail it to me up there. I thought about having her do it but I think that'll just be too difficult since I haven't sat and shown her before. I'm kicking myself now for not having her do it with me last year so she'd be comfortable. Even though I think Turbotax is incredible easy it can be overwhelming the first time with as much stuff as we have.

SuccessStory

FY08 STA-21 SNFO SELECT
Thats why we started using the pro's was because we started collecting all the extras... Realestate, investments, donations, college and so on. It did say NLT Jan 22nd but like you said ETC gotta wait for all of the stragglers to come in. Hopefully they will just take a faxed signature.

OneBadSSS

FY08 STA-21 Pilot Selectee/Currently at ODU
I've been using turbotax for quite a few years now. Was free until the last two years or so I made too much. You can check out www.taxfreedom.com or if you are a USAA member use the link from their site. Should get you discounts.

I'm planning on having my wife collect all of the docs as they come in the mail and when everything has come (usually has by March time) just mail it to me up there. I thought about having her do it but I think that'll just be too difficult since I haven't sat and shown her before. I'm kicking myself now for not having her do it with me last year so she'd be comfortable. Even though I think Turbotax is incredible easy it can be overwhelming the first time with as much stuff as we have.

Unless it's changed H&R Block's "Tax Cut" software is free online through Military One Source. That's what I used to file my own taxes last year and it was suprisingly easy. I might try Turbo Tax this year since my father swears by it and has been doing all of his own taxes for years using it. I bought a house last year so now I actually have to do itemized deductions instead of the standard :D

vicariousrider

War Eagle!
On the subject of drinking and driving, I think several of us who don't plan on drinking should be willing to step up as designated drivers - myself included. I'm a dry individual (I haven't had a drink in over a year, and I don't drink at all any more nor do I want to - my wife would kill me!), so I'm available part time as a DD.
Personally, I feel that abstinence for 8 weeks would be HIGHLY advisable! We're talking about giving up drinking for 8 weeks to insure the future of our careers and ensure we get off to a good start down this pipeline.
Now, a little math: NSI: 8 weeks. 8 years? 416 weeks. Just a thought.

EM1toNFO

Killing insurgents with my 'messages'!!
None
Oz.. I agree.. But, to change the subj a little...

What platform (if you have a preference) do you all want to go to?

I was thinking about P-3's, but the more I thought about it.. I'm leaning towards F/A-18's or possibly E/A-18's by the time I get there or even the P-8's? i dunno? I'm excited to have the opportunity. I've also looked into the E-6, but that mission seems kinda slow and "not exciting"

What do all of ya'll think?

Flamedog

Freshly stashed Ensign
I'll volunteer as a DD any time someone needs one. Like Ozyran, I don't drink and, obviously, I'll be in the area!

EM1- As of now, I'm the stereotypical "I want jets" guy. Honestly I will be happy with whatever I get, but I'm going to do my best in school/training and hope the cards fall right so I get what I want. No point in getting upset over something you have little/no control over (i.e. platform slots at selection time).

vicariousrider

War Eagle!
Heh, as far as platform goes, I'll fly whatever the Navy tells me. For planes, the ones that really have me are the P-3/P-8, the E-6, and the C-130, mainly because those are the primary ones I'll fit in - NOMI told me I can't fit in any jets or even the E-2/C-2 because of measurements.
If it's a helo, I'd love to get into the MH-53 or maybe the CH-46.
(Secretly, I'm hoping that the U.S. Navy brings the V-22 online, because I would LOVE to get into that bird as a Naval Aviator!)

68 Chevelle

MM1 Nuke->FY08 STA-21 NFO Selectee
On the subject of DD's I will also have my truck in RI, and I am willing to help people out with transportation. That being said, I can also serve as a DD, however there may be an occasion that I take up someone else's offer to be a DD for me to grab a beer with dinner, I'm not chancing loosing a career over a beer with dinner. As far as platforms to fly in, I will fly whatever the Navy tells me to, I mostly just want to be carrier based. However, I am blessed to just be flying so I will love whatever I do!

k_smittay

(Secretly, I'm hoping that the U.S. Navy brings the V-22 online, because I would LOVE to get into that bird as a Naval Aviator!)

I don't know about flying any plane/helicopter hybrid that you cannot either eject out of, autorotate, or glide. Something bad happens at 10K' then you are in a large gray brick.

68 Chevelle

MM1 Nuke->FY08 STA-21 NFO Selectee
I don't know about flying any plane/helicopter hybrid that you cannot either eject out of, autorotate, or glide. Something bad happens at 10K' then you are in a large gray brick.

Thats when you institute the praying and butt kissing EP. :eek:

Lucky3

P-8 Driver
pilot
For all of those who are offering DD assistance, I will be the first to accept the help. I do plan on having an awesome time when there is time.