• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Who Is Going To NSI In Feb?

erelislt

OK. Now that I have orders in my hands, re-enlistment in work ... I started preparing physically. I hope everyone is doing that too. Does anyone know what is the biggest reason why someone might get disenrolled from the program? How many do usually get disenrolled while at NSI? I am planning to get to RI early Feb, might stay at the barracks there. Anyone is thinking of doing the same? I am leaving Guam, so I don't have much where to go.
Can't wait to get there! :)

haubby

None
Contributor
Remember there is a report NET date. If you get there early you will most likely pay out of pocket to stay at the Q.

OneBadSSS

FY08 STA-21 Pilot Selectee/Currently at ODU
OK. Now that I have orders in my hands, re-enlistment in work ... I started preparing physically. I hope everyone is doing that too. Does anyone know what is the biggest reason why someone might get disenrolled from the program? How many do usually get disenrolled while at NSI? I am planning to get to RI early Feb, might stay at the barracks there. Anyone is thinking of doing the same? I am leaving Guam, so I don't have much where to go.
Can't wait to get there! :)

I started preparing physically months ago! I've been working out 6-7 days a week alternating lifting weights and running to make sure that my body will be able to sufficiently tolerate whatever the DI's dish out! :D

As for what people get disenrolled for: I know that people showing up out of BF standards has been an issue as well as people getting kicked out for stupid alcohol related incidents when on liberty. I doubt the number of academic failures is very high though...

I just got my orders today so now I have to submit my reenlistment and transfer packages as well as go through the checkout process and submit my brag sheet for my transfer eval. So I won't be checking out of my command until the last week of January most likely. From there I'm planning on going home to spend a few weeks with my family in Massachusetts and then report for BOOST on the 16th as directed!

Bye Bye USS Ross!!! :D

user2176

STA-21 Core Selectee FY08
Contributor
I read we will have to run 3.2 miles, not sure how frequently, but to me that's not a joke :)

I run 4 miles every night in my sleep! :D
3.2 mile is a joke.:icon_wink
Who wants to go for a few 13 mile runs while we're there? Oh wait it's RI in Feb, it's freezing outside! BRRRRRRRR!

Best of luck to everyone preparing, we still have a good 40 days before the indoc PFA.

Lucky3

P-8 Driver
pilot
Since we are on the PT kick here. I am looking to hook up with someone going to BOOST to be my workout partner while in RI. Prior to the Navy I was a personal trainer, did a few body building shows, and have been in a few fitness magazines (pictures available upon request). Anyways, with the normal navy life, shift work, marriage, etc, I have not kept myself in the peak physical condition I at one time did. I work out everyday, but I am looking to take it up a notch. So if anyone wants a workout partner just PM me.

68 Chevelle

MM1 Nuke->FY08 STA-21 NFO Selectee
I started preparing physically months ago! I've been working out 6-7 days a week alternating lifting weights and running to make sure that my body will be able to sufficiently tolerate whatever the DI's dish out! :D

As for what people get disenrolled for: I know that people showing up out of BF standards has been an issue as well as people getting kicked out for stupid alcohol related incidents when on liberty. I doubt the number of academic failures is very high though...

I just got my orders today so now I have to submit my reenlistment and transfer packages as well as go through the checkout process and submit my brag sheet for my transfer eval. So I won't be checking out of my command until the last week of January most likely. From there I'm planning on going home to spend a few weeks with my family in Massachusetts and then report for BOOST on the 16th as directed!

Bye Bye USS Ross!!! :D

The word I got on Dis-enrolments from 3 or 4 guys that are not that far from NSI was this, being out of BC will get you bounced on the indoc, failure of the IN-PFA will get you on FEP for the time you are there, and failure of the out PFA will get you kicked. The info on alcohol related incidents is putting this too lightly from what I have heard! The info I got on alcohol while at NSI is be VERY careful! DO NOT drink and drive back on base, not one beer, not just one shot, not even a glass of wine with dinner, my friends that were just there said they lost 16 guys in one night alone coming through the front gate, if the driver had been drinking and anyone else was in the car, they got bounced as well "conduct unbecoming for letting a friend drive after drinking" so from the sounds of it they take this VERY seriously! I just don't want to see anyone get kicked out for something STUPID!

EM1toNFO

Killing insurgents with my 'messages'!!
None
WOW. Thanks for the heads up on that one.. looks like I'm staying 100% dry for all of the duration and have my party at the house when i get back. Anyone up for seeing some sights when we get some lib? I'm driving up, so I'll have a car. I plan on seeing Boston and Providence at least. Maybe catch a college basketball game if I'm lucky.

EM1

SuccessStory

FY08 STA-21 SNFO SELECT
WOW. Thanks for the heads up on that one.. looks like I'm staying 100% dry for all of the duration and have my party at the house when i get back. Anyone up for seeing some sights when we get some lib? I'm driving up, so I'll have a car. I plan on seeing Boston and Providence at least. Maybe catch a college basketball game if I'm lucky.

EM1
You know i'm there witcha... Wish you still had the vet... LOL or even the Lightening

OneBadSSS

FY08 STA-21 Pilot Selectee/Currently at ODU

EM1

I'll also have a car while up there and I plan on making some trips out to Cape Cod when it warms up to hit the beach, so if anyone wants to tag along, let me know! :D