• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Which watch?

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
For high-value watches, I recommend a valuable personal property rider for each individual piece. I individually insure mine by serial number and include pictures of the face and case back along with a scan of the sales slip or appraisal. It takes no more than 5-10 minutes to set up online, and the annual premiums cost about 1% of what you put down as the value of the watch. Well worth it, in my experience.

When I broke my Speedmaster, I told USAA what happened, and that I had already sent it to a repair shop. They said, "No problem, you're covered. Just send the estimate when it comes in." As soon as the estimate got sent, they ponied up the cash (as in within 24 hours.) They will cover repairs up to the listed value on the rider.

Wow that's great to know. I put a rider on one of my watches but I figured it just covered losing it or theft, I will definitely remember that in a few years when it is time to get it serviced.

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
For high-value watches, I recommend a valuable personal property rider for each individual piece. I individually insure mine by serial number and include pictures of the face and case back along with a scan of the sales slip or appraisal. It takes no more than 5-10 minutes to set up online, and the annual premiums cost about 1% of what you put down as the value of the watch. Well worth it, in my experience.

When I broke my Speedmaster, I told USAA what happened, and that I had already sent it to a repair shop. They said, "No problem, you're covered. Just send the estimate when it comes in." As soon as the estimate got sent, they ponied up the cash (as in within 24 hours.) They will cover repairs up to the listed value on the rider.
This is good info, as I said I'm looking to buy a new time piece and this makes a huge difference!

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

THIS IS GOOD GOUGE! Also, a valuable personal property policy isn't just for watches! If you're going to get one, I recommend taking a look at all the cool stuff you have and figuring out what else might be worth putting on the same policy. Watches, artwork, jewelry, guns, family heirlooms . . .

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Watches, artwork, jewelry, guns, family heirlooms . . .

I have a policy on my X-33 with USAA, but I wouldn't recommend guns. I had mine on with USAA for a while, but found a much better option, especially when some of my guns are also investment opportunities.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
I have a policy on my X-33 with USAA, but I wouldn't recommend guns. I had mine on with USAA for a while, but found a much better option, especially when some of my guns are also investment opportunities.

And that is...?

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
Whenever I am in uniform (NWU, Khaki, etc.) I wear my G-Shock Mudman Tough Solar or my Suunto. I, personally, would never wear anything else in uniform. At least as a ReServist, I would feel awkward wearing my expensive watch.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Whenever I am in uniform (NWU, Khaki, etc.) I wear my G-Shock Mudman Tough Solar or my Suunto. I, personally, would never wear anything else in uniform. At least as a ReServist, I would feel awkward wearing my expensive watch.
Different strokes for different folks? Unless you're doing dirty work I'm not sure why there'd be any hang ups about wearing a nice watch. But hey, it's your wrist.