• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Which watch?

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
There's a reason people are proud to show off their 30 year old Rolexes, but no one proudly wears their Casio gold digital or Time. from the 80s. It's an expensive club to get into, and if its not your thing, by all means blow your cash on rims, stereos, mud tires, truck lights, TVs, or whatever else does it for you. Just don't hate someone for having a nice watch.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
There's a reason people are proud to show off their 30 year old Rolexes, but no one proudly wears their Casio gold digital or Time. from the 80s. It's an expensive club to get into, and if its not your thing, by all means blow your cash on rims, stereos, mud tires, truck lights, TVs, or whatever else does it for you. Just don't hate someone for having a nice watch.

"I have...two dollars...
PTACasio.jpg

...and a Casio!"

phrogpilot73

I could see these 2 on my wrist, not so much the yellow gold though. When I can find time I must check out the jewelry stores for these.
I'd go to Ball's website first to find a dealer. They're not exactly all over the place. i.e. - I'd have to drive to Richmond or Charlottesville to buy one...

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
I'd go to Ball's website first to find a dealer. They're not exactly all over the place. i.e. - I'd have to drive to Richmond or Charlottesville to buy one...

I'm sure I'd have to go to Dallas, Austin, Houston or San Antonio so yes I'll be checking out their website. I know Waco doesn't have crap, well I guess that's about all they have. Maybe I can get the wife to get one for me for or 20th this December; she was just asking the other day what I wanted and since I don't where more than my wedding band and a watch this would be good.

phrogpilot73

I'm sure I'd have to go to Dallas, Austin, Houston or San Antonio so yes I'll be checking out their website.
Yes, Yes, Yes, no. (no dealer in San Antonio).

There is ONE dealer that has brick and mortar stores in CO that has a website, and will take orders over the phone, they're called right time if that's easier for you.

Citation3

This my friends is what idiot watch guys do....

With a skeptical wife in tow and an even more skeptical security guard indulging me.

The original Speedmaster Moon watch on the moon.

DSCN2133.jpg

DSCN2131.jpg

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
Hopefully this hasn't already been covered, but my Breitling Airwolf is doing the EOL blink. Any tips on places to get a battery replaced, either near Virginia Beach, or Fallon (Reno)?

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
Hopefully this hasn't already been covered, but my Breitling Airwolf is doing the EOL blink. Any tips on places to get a battery replaced, either near Virginia Beach, or Fallon (Reno)?

I took my X-33 to these folks. Good service. Carry Breitlings, too.

Harland Jewelers
8175 South Virginia Street
Reno, NV 89511
United States

Citation3

If you are close to Oceana take it to Long's Jewelry on VA Beach Blvd. The 3rd generation watch guy there does a ton Breitling B-1, Airwolf, Aerospace, and X-33 battery changes. He does a change and pressure test with a 1 year warranty. Ask around Oceana and you will probably get the same recommendation.

I live in Norfolk and have used him many times to service my watches.

draad

So I have a question. I've been wearing a suunto all through flight school (which has been great) but want to treat myself and honestly can't decide between an Omega X-33 or a Breitling B-1 or Aerospace. The problem is, I won't hit a fleet squadron for a while and it would suck if I bought one of those only to find out that my future squadron wanted to do a customized order of the same watch. I figure the X-33 might be the way to go, since there's really no customizing except to the back plate. So I'm looking at just trying to buy the nearest mint used X-33 Gen 2 that I can find. However, if future squadron decided to order X-33 Gen 2s, does anyone know if I'd be able to send in mine for them to swap out the backplate with a customized one? Thanks in advance.
Oh, and "just waiting until my fleet squadron" would be about two years and I'm unwilling to wait that long. If I order one (say the X-33), and my squadron wants to get Breitlings, then I'd have no problem getting another watch anyway.

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
Just read the threads here about the last few Omega buys. I would never even consider buying an Omega just based on the experience of those here on the forums.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Just read the threads here about the last few Omega buys. I would never even consider buying an Omega just based on the experience of those here on the forums.

I think that's a bit of an overstatement. I've loved mine, and when we bought them (for about 70% off), it wasn't nearly that much of a redass.

When you get something directly from the factory at such a huge discount, it's hard to bitch too much about the wait.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Good luck finding one on the used market. I don't know many with a custom Omega that would part with it. I know you can pry mine from my cold dead fingers. Just get what you want. If your squadron does a watch, do that too.