• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Which watch?

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Citation3, where did you get your Tomcat Breitlings? eBay? I'm surprised someone would part with a custom squadron watch.

Citation3

Citation3, where did you get your Tomcat Breitlings? eBay? I'm surprised someone would part with a custom squadron watch.

I'm an avid collector of these type of watches and Naval aviation fan so I keep my eye out for them in various places. ebay is a good source but I have not purchased any of my watches from there. It is probably best to invoke my "Don't ask..Don't Tell" policy.

These watches hardly see the light of day. You may have seen my modeling posts. They last thing I need is someone on the street asking me if I was with VF-31 when I'm actually building Tomcat models in my moms basement wearing a dirty old Miramar NAS "I flew all this way to smoke a camel?" F-14 tee-shirt watching The Final Countdown on an old beta tape chomping on a bag of Funyons with thousands of dollars in Breitlings sitting on a shelf hidden from public view.

Angels

Contributor
I saw this:
Are you suggesting that you bought the watch from a gay man?
and then this: Citation3 You may have seen my modeling posts. And thought: "Godspeed why do you even need to ask?!" Then I kept reading...:icon_tong

SynixMan

pilot
Contributor
I almost bought a Breitling Emergency in here in PCola a few weeks ago. I decided I wanted one that was customized later ala the ones Citation3 has. Hopefully that works out.

Citation3

I almost bought a Breitling Emergency in here in PCola a few weeks ago. I decided I wanted one that was customized later ala the ones Citation3 has. Hopefully that works out.

Well, now you are talking serious Breitling engineering. The pice de resistance.... Back to the basement.

IMG_2119.jpg

Treetop Flyer

pilot
I really like the airwolf but hate how the 6 is cut in half. I don't understand why they didn't either design it so a whole 6 can fit, or just don't put a number there. I find myself leaning toward the aerospace just because of that.

SynixMan

pilot
Contributor
Well, now you are talking serious Breitling engineering. The pice de resistance.... Back to the basement.

Ya, that's the baby. I've seen that exact one (well, NSAWC branded, not Fighter Weapons School) and fell in love. Looooong way to go before that's a reality for me. I'll rock my beater until then.

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
"All in all...you can't go wrong with ANY Breitling. They all are just stunning pieces of engineering."

Corrected I stand...well said.

Did you by chance see the new Airwolf Raven? Saw it last week at MacArthur Mall in Norfolk. You may want to invest in the rubber strap for you Airwolf if you plan on wearing it on deployment. It would save beating up that pretty bracelet. Also, very comfortable in hot humid WX.

breitling.jpg

I also own a blue faced Airwolf. It's a nice watch, but I definitely like the Raven version better. I saw an Airwolf for the Reno Air Races that had the black rubberized bezel (like the Raven) on it. Very cool design provided it holds up. Hard to tell in the picture, but the buttons on the side also have rubberized inserts. I looked into getting the deployment rubber band (like the pictured raven), I believe it was somewhere around $600. For those of you with Airwolfs, it's something to consider to keep the bracelet from getting beat up.

Cartier also made a watch with that same rubberized material over a black metal band. I think it was ~$10k though. Lot's of nice watches out there, but at some point it becomes a waste since you can* wear only one at a time.

*can=should

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
Does no one else think it looks weird for there to be half a 6 on that watch?

You might be it dude. I've heard lots of comments good and bad about that watch, and other watches like it... The design of the '6' hasn't been a critique I've heard before. Have you seen the watch in person out of curiosity?

Treetop Flyer

pilot
You might be it dude. I've heard lots of comments good and bad about that watch, and other watches like it... The design of the '6' hasn't been a critique I've heard before. Have you seen the watch in person out of curiosity?

Not yet. I think it's great looking, but the 6 thing gets me. I think the older design looked better.

m26

Contributor
Does no one else think it looks weird for there to be half a 6 on that watch?

I'm with Treetop on this one. I didn't notice it until he said it, but yeah, I think it'd be better off without the 6.