• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Which AW personality would you most like to meet?

jmcquate

Contributor
Never met Brett, but have met Carville. Ran into him most mornings at the Starbucks at the corner of King and Union in Alexandria for about 3 years.

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
Since I'll be in JAX for the next 3 to 6 months; I'd like to meet CommodoreMid and perhaps websan if the occasion arises. Any others in the JAX area would be cool too.

scoolbubba, when you bring my next plane in, lets get drinks!

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Since I'll be in JAX for the next 3 to 6 months; I'd like to meet CommodoreMid and perhaps websan if the occasion arises. Any others in the JAX area would be cool too.

Not in Jax anymore. When I retired I moved to south Florida.

brownshoe

Contributor

AE do me a favor while you're down there in JAX and take a few pictures of Cecil for me. Hangar 67, the surrounding buildings and what's left of B Circle.

Sorry for the threadjack. :oops:

Thanks

Attachments

• JAX_cecil_map.jpg
    JAX_cecil_map.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 10

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Yes I can detect sarcasm. It isn't the event that's important. It is the process. Being able to think while flying, know where the aircraft is and put it where it needs to be based on procedures and constraints is a foundation that is necessary for more complex things that a young aviator will be asked to do in the future. There is a good reason we spend a good majority of undergraduate pilot training on instrument training. Explained that to many students who loved to say we never fly instruments, we are helicopters. True I never beat up the victor airways, shot multiple instrument approaches, or held at some fix, but that integrated instrument scan on a low light night over the desert kept me upright. The way I got my self into final attack headings or to the IP into a zone avoiding gun target lines and enemy threats had its foundation in the instrument phase back at flight school. I apologize for derailing this thread here.

And not flying into Iranian airspace...

And landing on the Boat...

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
I've met about a half dozen on here just through happen-stance. That's impressive considering I haven't been in the Navy in (gasp) 20 years! I do live in a Navy town though when I'm home. Anyone in NAVCENT arena right now?

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
Douches on this forum I would definitely pour my can of Milwaukee's Best over their heads and wait to see what they would do: GED Ashley, R-LSO, and definitely that fucking tool that is still a punchline to a joke in the VF community, Renegade 1. You three have ruined this forum. Somehow I was never banned. You youngin's that listen or read anything these people say, take it with a grain of salt and do some vetting with other guys. Webmaster, I don't know why you would allow your baby to be hijacked by these people. When you had a mass defection 2 years ago, did you not realize someithing was amiss?

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I guess you have an axe to grind for some reason out of the blue.

You weren't part of the issue I had with a couple forum members so no discussion has ever come up to lock your account.

As to mass exodus? Not really. Not like you all have a huge following or forum going on.

But hey, whatever, come on and do the drive by piss and moan instead of trying to contribute or at least say something coherent. No instead you like to devolve to personal attacks. Nice touch. Should I start a timer count down til the next appearance? Or would an account lock give you some sort of righteousness?

SMH

D

Deleted member 24525

Yes I can detect sarcasm. It isn't the event that's important. It is the process. Being able to think while flying, know where the aircraft is and put it where it needs to be based on procedures and constraints is a foundation that is necessary for more complex things that a young aviator will be asked to do in the future. There is a good reason we spend a good majority of undergraduate pilot training on instrument training. Explained that to many students who loved to say we never fly instruments, we are helicopters. True I never beat up the victor airways, shot multiple instrument approaches, or held at some fix, but that integrated instrument scan on a low light night over the desert kept me upright. The way I got my self into final attack headings or to the IP into a zone avoiding gun target lines and enemy threats had its foundation in the instrument phase back at flight school. I apologize for derailing this thread here.

Wow.
Winning the war on terror, one teardrop entry at a time