• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Where's my money?

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
2795972.jpg

Is Pickle gonna have to choke a bitch?

robav8r

None
Contributor
Pickle - thanks for getting my blood pressure up this morning !!! Good post though. Being deployed right now I don't think my squadron is ready for what we're going to come home to wrt the budget.

I was thinking though, as I looked back on my Navy career (and the musings of A4's :), and the comments of Brett . . . . . . that our country & Navy does swing back and forth with the tides of political change. But you know what Pickle? While it's true that you will face larger leadership and management challenges than say, those of us in the past, you will rise to the challenge, you will do more with less, and you WILL check on station, on time, and complete your mission.

. . . . . cause that's what we do, as officers and aviators. It's what we have ALWAYS done and will continue to do. It's what separates us from the cartoon characters we watch on the tube everyday. ;)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Futhermore, if you want to complain about budget problems, you should be looking towards congress. Obama can't do crap without the purse strings they control.

In addition, I don't think the issue has been lack of funds, it has been mismanagement of the funds we currently have. It's congressmen and senators being strung up by lobbyists for jobs and money for their specific hometowns and districts... They're selfish and corrupt. Look at the recent stir-up created by Gates wanting to take a second look at how we're spending the DOD budget. Immediately, congressmen and senators complained about how they wouldn't let it happen because it would cause hardship on "hard-working Americans." Certainly, none of us qualify as hard-working Americans.

Abolish congress?

Well, I wouldn't go that far either. The exec branch definitely sets the tone for how the budget is generally laid out. The biggest factor in all of this is that OIF and OEF are no longer being funded by supplemental appropriations, so the difference had to come from somewhere (I.E. non-deployers and PCS moves).

Brett