• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

where to live in San Diego?

KBayDog

Thanks guys. Definitely going to be trying to make a househunting trip there before the move. Hopefully I get it even though I'm taking a big chunk of leave for the holidays. Thanks for all the useful gouge on the area.

Just show up a little early and use some house hunting PTAD when you get here. Call the guys in -352 and let them know your intentions; it generally isn't an issue to get some time to find a place to live. Easy day.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hillcrest is the area to which you are referring to here....AKA Swish Alps.

Right, Hillcrest. Got the fancy West Coast neighborhoods mixed up with the shitty East Coast neighborhoods. :p

I pitied the poor JO who showed up in our wardroom right as I was leaving, who'd signed a lease on a place sight-unseen.
"So, where you living?"
"Hillcrest."
(long silence from the table)
"I know. Shut up. We found it online, and I've never been here before."

House-hunting leave is a gooooood idea.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Right, Hillcrest. Got the fancy West Coast neighborhoods mixed up with the shitty East Coast neighborhoods. :p

I pitied the poor JO who showed up in our wardroom right as I was leaving, who'd signed a lease on a place sight-unseen.
"So, where you living?"
"Hillcrest."
(long silence from the table)
"I know. Shut up. We found it online, and I've never been here before."

House-hunting leave is a gooooood idea.

That's hilarious! They do have their fair share of good restaurants in boys-town though. Caveat emptor.

One thing not mentioned about OB (and Pt Loma to a certain extent) is that the departing traffic from Lindbergh field sucks when it starts up at 0630 on a Saturday morning and you're trying to sleep and goes until midnight or so. Personally, I'd stay away from the beaches in general. The parts of it that are nice aren't affordable and the parts of it you can afford are oftentimes riddled with losers and criminals.

Brett