• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Where to live in Meridian

Ghstrdrvt

Don't tase me bro.
pilot
This may be somewhat off topic, but I'm moving to Meridian in a few weeks and I'm not having a whole lot of luck finding decent looking places to live. I'm beginning to get the impression that the internet hasn't quite made it it Central Mississippi and so apartment complexes and realtors don't feel the need to list anything online. Are there any suggestions of realtors to use or apartment/condo complexes where people have had good experiences?

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
This may be somewhat off topic, but I'm moving to Meridian in a few weeks and I'm not having a whole lot of luck finding decent looking places to live. I'm beginning to get the impression that the internet hasn't quite made it it Central Mississippi and so apartment complexes and realtors don't feel the need to list anything online. Are there any suggestions of realtors to use or apartment/condo complexes where people have had good experiences?
Condos.....don't exist here. Apartments 601-485-9193 Woodlands. (601) 693-0600 Northwoods Place. These are the two best. Call the housing office for a list of houses for rent. Also, there are plenty of places out on Dalewood lake. Welcome to Meridian, we now have a Chili's:D

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If you can, find some buddies and rent a house. The only other semidecent apartment place I remember from my time there was The Mark on North Hills street. But if you can get some roommates together and find a house instead, I'd go there. Easier to have parties on the weekend, and with the stress and frustration of Advanced, I was glad to go home to a no kidding home instead of a cheap little apartment.

Edit: in either case, contact the Housing office on base. Yes, they are called the Family Housing Office, but they help single people too. And they've got good gouge on apartments and such as well.

a2b2c3

Mmmm Poundcake
pilot
Contributor
Condos.....don't exist here. Apartments 601-485-9193 Woodlands. (601) 693-0600 Northwoods Place. These are the two best. Call the housing office for a list of houses for rent. Also, there are plenty of places out on Dalewood lake. Welcome to Meridian, we now have a Chili's:D

Haha you guys just got a Chili's?!? That means Kingsville's not the crappiest place around as we've had a Chili's for a while! We just upgraded to an IHOP!

Course yours is new so its probably nicer...

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Haha you guys just got a Chili's?!? That means Kingsville's not the crappiest place around as we've had a Chili's for a while! We just upgraded to an IHOP!

Course yours is new so its probably nicer...
Ah, Meridian. 53 flophouses, 5 chains, and, bizarrely, one four-star restaurant . . . :icon_tong

Tyler

!
pilot
Contributor
FLYTPAY got it right on those two apartments. They are the nicest. But there are some cool condo's/lofts downtown that have recently been restored right down the street from Weidman's (The single 4-star restaurant listed above.)

I lived in Meridian the past 3 years (as a civilian) and tried the Dalewood Lake out first. Stay away from that place. It's a bunch of racist rednecks (seriously, they don't "allow" black people to live there) that hate renters and think their shit doesn't stink. Aside from it being very close to the base, there's not one good reason to live there, especially since going into town and back is a 50 mile trip. ...BUT if you must live on the Lake, contact Ken Leach 601.934.0843. He owns several houses for rent out there and is on the Board of the Property Owners Association.

If you want to know about some listings in town, call Wilson Realty 601.483.3384 and ask for Julie. They usually have several places that they don't advertise, so just let them know your situation.

Other than that, stay away from JJ's and avoid the shady, parked cars at Bonita Lakes.

Feel free to PM me for any info.

Raptor2216

Welcome to Meridian, we now have a Chili's:D

I should add, it's not your average run of the mill Chili's either because the employees not only provide you with a meal but they also put on a show. A couple of female employees had a little cat fight in the kitchen the last time I was there and they managed to push a prego chick into the corner of a table. Needless to say, the cops were called. Only in Meridian!

Dirty

Registered abUser
pilot
None
Contributor
Come join the Northwood mafia. But, if old school hardwood floors and 15 foot ceiling lofts are your flavor, contact Downtown Properties (601-484-7406). Very cool places but downtown looks like an urban warzone for a couple blocks where they are. I would have done that (I like that kinda sh!t), but street parking was the no-go. The whole point of living downtown is being able to walk to everything. Sadly, there ain't much to walk to. Welcome to the bright lights and big city.

...This place will grow on you though, and not like a fungus or anything...

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
I have a house there that may be coming available towards the end of August (the guy living there is supposed to be getting his wings then). When will you be getting there?
PM me if you want more info.

Ghstrdrvt

Don't tase me bro.
pilot
Thanks for all the good info, especially the specific numbers...I hate trying to test out new realtors. I know a couple guys at northwoods, but like you said, I'd rather live in a house. I'm coming down July 18, but I'll probably try to get TAD somewhere else, maybe OHARP for a month or so to give all my other friends a chance to select so I can put together a house crew. I imagine that if a house were available at the end of Aug and it were especially sweet that I'd be interested in checking it out. I'll let you guys know if I have any more questions.