• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Where to buy study book for ASTB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael

Hey,
does anybody know where to go to buy this book?!!!!!! I went to barnes and nobel, not there, and I don't know where to look. I got the test in a week, and have been going over some of the stuff found on this site for about a day or two. Hopefully I'll be alright. Anyway, need some help.

mike

DooDooBrown

I'm with you, my test is early this week. One of your previous posts was asking about info on the ASVAB... but in this post you are asking info for the ASTB. Here is a link to the ARCO book that I think you may be looking for. Its for the ASTB (not the ASVAB - thats something totally different - but since you are posting on this web site I assume you mean ASTB):

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0768910293/qid=1050284332/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/103-5631602-4534262?v=glance&s=books

you may have to copy and paste it. if you dont have time to order it, at least you will know what it looks like. most public libraries have a copy (proabably an earlier edition though - but has the same material). you can also download the 4th edition off the web... you cant print it though which blows... but its a worse case senario option. the link is:

http://www.petersons.com/airforce/books.html

i think its fourth from the bottom. may also want to take a look at the Officer Candidates book at the bottom of that link as well.

but from reading the posts on this site... the mother load of info is in the three files that you can download off of this site. Click on Resources from the bar above--> File Lister --> Gouge --> Go to page 4 of 4 --> the download ASTB Gouge, ASTB1, and ASTB2. they are all pdf documents. apparently you should study these inside and out. the ARCO books you are trying to buy, from what i gather from the posts, is only good for studying the Mech Comp, and Spatial sections. hope this helps.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
As you have guessed, the best preparation you can do for the ASTB is to know the Marine Study Guide and practice test. Know why each correct answer is correct and you will do well on the test. Some questions are on the real test are THE SAME QUESTIONS found in the practice test.

Also, the spatial apperception practice in the ARCO book is good. However, I personally found the real test to be much trickier. Make sure you can do the ARCO practice in your sleep. You will probably be pressed for time on the real test so make sure you are good at working fast also. GOOD LUCK ON THE TEST!

Michael

Thanks alot for the info, it should help out alot. I found out that I have another week before I take it, so that is a huge load off my shoulders in the fact that I now have 2 weeks instead of one. Anyhow, thanks, and good luck to all those who are taking the test soon. Hope to see you in flight school!!!!!!!!

kathryn78

I ordered my study book through the Coast Guard Academy Bookstore in New London, CT. They have them in stock so all it takes is to call them (you can get their number from information), give them your credit card number, and they'll send it to you. The book is definitely an asset to being prepared for the test so that you are familiar with the format.

skywrdbound

I have the ARCO Flight Aptitude Tests 5th ed and the ARCO word problem book for sale... I will sell both for $25.00 Both are in New Condition... My scores were 8/9 going to p'cola in October. email me at ian.whitcomb@mindspring.com if you want the books.

Status
Not open for further replies.