• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Where did you do your commissioning physical?

Taylor.M93

Where did y’all do your commissioning physical at? I have no local MTF and my NOSC is apparently unable to perform the physical..

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Where did y’all do your commissioning physical at? I have no local MTF and my NOSC is apparently unable to perform the physical..

Seems like these should be questions your recruiter should be answering? I did mine at the closest Naval Air Station since I was heading to p'cola.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
If you're working with a recruiter you usually go to a MEPS.

If you're working with a CCC you usually go to a MTF, though if you're at a standalone NOSC the NOSC Medical might bring you in to do a physical during drill weekend.

Either way, strongly recommend you ask either your recruiter or CCC, whoever you are working with.

Taylor.M93

If you're working with a recruiter you usually go to a MEPS.

If you're working with a CCC you usually go to a MTF, though if you're at a standalone NOSC the NOSC Medical might bring you in to do a physical during drill weekend.

Either way, strongly recommend you ask either your recruiter or CCC, whoever you are working with.
My CCC doesn’t know cause my NOSC is unable to provide one.

FormerRecruitingGuru

My CCC doesn’t know cause my NOSC is unable to provide one.

Did your CCC or yourself talk to NOSC medical? NOSC Medical is responsible for medical readiness to include PHAs (and other physicals). They usually bring in a Doc/Provider or have an agreement with a local MTF to provide support as needed.

Even the smallest of NOSCs I've seen have a system in place, it just might not be as quick or as convenient as you want it to be.

Taylor.M93

Did your CCC or yourself talk to NOSC medical? NOSC Medical is responsible for medical readiness to include PHAs (and other physicals). They usually bring in a Doc/Provider or have an agreement with a local MTF to provide support as needed.

Even the smallest of NOSCs I've seen have a system in place, it just might not be as quick or as convenient as you want it to be.
I spoke to the HM2 and they spoke to the LPO and said they didn’t have the equipment to perform one. I’ll have to speak to my OIC about it.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Quite frankly, I wouldn't trust the average NOSC to get everything right. Their focus is the minimum needed to keep people deployable, and I doubt they deal with commissioning much. If it's a big NOSC, you might be all right, but then you'd likely have an MTF nearby too. That said, go with what your OIC recommends- they likely deal with this a fair amount.

It might be in your best interest to travel to your nearest MEPS, or large military base.

Taylor.M93

Thank you. I was told MEPS isn’t an option because I’m already serving and the O-recruiter I talked to told me I couldn’t use a recruiter and everything will have to go through my NOSC. Yeah if need be I’ll reschedule drills and go down to the nearest MTF. I think it’s dumb that a NOSC can’t provide physicals like this; especially when there isn’t a MTF near. The national guard base I drill on doesn’t even have a hospital or clinic of some sort.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Quite frankly, I wouldn't trust the average NOSC to get everything right. Their focus is the minimum needed to keep people deployable, and I doubt they deal with commissioning much. If it's a big NOSC, you might be all right, but then you'd likely have an MTF nearby too. That said, go with what your OIC recommends- they likely deal with this a fair amount.

It might be in your best interest to travel to your nearest MEPS, or large military base.

Can’t go to MEPS without working with a recruiter and recruiters are hands off fleet applicants.

Similarly with MTFs, from my experience most need to be on orders or there is some sort of coordination by the local (or closest) NOSC in order to be seen.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Can’t go to MEPS without working with a recruiter and recruiters are hands off fleet applicants.

Similarly with MTFs, from my experience most need to be on orders or there is some sort of coordination by the local (or closest) NOSC in order to be seen.

Gotcha. The NOSC coordinating a visit to an appropriate MTF makes sense. The NOSC doing the physical themselves didn't scan, but I drill at a small NOSC that really isn't set up for that sort of thing- maybe other NOSCs are.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Gotcha. The NOSC coordinating a visit to an appropriate MTF makes sense. The NOSC doing the physical themselves didn't scan, but I drill at a small NOSC that really isn't set up for that sort of thing- maybe other NOSCs are.

Our NOSC can only do it during their DWE, and that is only even possible because the NOSC is on the NAS and they borrow the clinic for Saturday. And it was the most drawn out flight physical I ever had (it was no **** 2 drill periods for 8 straight hours)......immediately went back to doing my phys with the active flight doc during the week so I didn't have to waste my time. But that is neither here nor there.....

exNavyOffRec

Are you a reservist on AD or just a reservist doing the 1 weekend a month and 2 weeks a year thing?

There have a been a few reservist on here and a few others that have said OR's can work with drilling reservist again.