• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Where did everyone get there degree? online?...or

Status
Not open for further replies.

usaf

Where did everyone get there degree? online?...
Just wondering because some online universities I was attending were not regionally or nationally accredited and yet I still busted my butt to complete the requirements. Does the Navy accept these schools too or not? I heard they were pretty liberal with that, as long as you got a degree. I have a MBA from an Internationally accredited Scool. Any comments?

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
A buddy of mine from OCS got his degree from a school in Australia. He's American but was working and living there. So... If they will accept his then I would ask about yours. If a recruiter tells you no, then ask to see the instruction regarding the reason why. If he shows you the instruction, then ask for a waiver. Dont give up!

Dave

Aimee

USAF, I got my undergrad degree in the US, but I did my MBA in Spain. I had to get my transcripts translated into English and then have them approved by AACRAO (American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Something Rather bla bla bla).

(http://www.aacrao.org/credential/milrecru.htm)

I suppose if AACRAO approves the institutions where you took your courses online, you should be good to go... You might have to pay the 150 bucks to get your int'l MBA validated though...

squatrrs

Have any of you heard of anyone or know anyone who got accepted with an online educated, such as U of Phoenix, Capella, or American Military University?

Good Luck to all of you applying to OCS!!! A big Congrats to those accepted!!!

Goliath112

its got to be accredited by one of the regions in the U.S. otherwise if you have a "foreign" degree then you just get it validated. Phoenix is accredited. I don't think school name matters much. Maybe Havard will or other Ivy leagues.

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Well, I can tell you that having any Masters degree doesn't really make you marketable in the airline industry. Maybe in the future as the industry gets more competetive but not at this point in time. In fact, the industry just wants to see if you graduated with ANY Bachelors to meet their hiring requirements. At all 3 major airlines I was hired by, not one ask me questions about my formal education. Just flight time and my experiences as an aviator and if I playe well with others. I'm all for education but work for a degree outside the airline industry to gain knowledge if you ever get furloughed. Just something to keep in mind. Don't mean to S**t on anyones dreams but I had some of the same misconceptions when I was trying to get hired. Frumby

Attack Pilot
Major USMCR

ghost_ttu

Make sure you practice your beer drinking skills and smiling ability. I know at ONE airline that is VERY important. And the odds of being furloughed from that airline is considerably less than the other

Eliminate distractions, focus on your goals and visualize what you hope to accomplish.

Gabe2surf

USAF,
Got mine from Excelsior College, formerly Regents University in New York. They accepted all my CCAF credits, did a few in house mini-semester courses, online, CLEP, DANTES, and ECE (Excelsior College Exams), and DLI exams. I pretty much did as many tests as could possibly be done, but I did take some regular classes at a some colleges, particularly on subjects that were of high interest to me or that I felt would benefit me more by taking the class rather than just testing.

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Pap,
Sorry, misunderstood. Yup, still split. Cheaper and more efficient, that's why. They are on the payroll doing it as volunteers vice hiring someone and paying them a salary and benefits. This statement makes appear that safety is not paramount at SWA but nothing could be further from the truth. SWA prides itself on its safety record which I still believe is one of the best, if not the best, in the industry. Frumby

Attack Pilot
Major USMCR

frogggystyle

I took all of my college classes through the Univeristy of Maryland in both Okinawa, Japan and in Naples, Italy while I was enlisted.

NFOtoBE

VP-5 NFO
I, like Gabe above, got my degree through Regents College...when it was still Regents. BS in Nuclear Technology and was accepted to OCS no prob. Did most of my upper level credit stuff correspondence thru other universities, but Regents conferred my degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.