• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

When would you start questioning the situation?

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
2 weeks ago today there was a SNAFU and my appointment for MEPS got canceled. That afternoon my paperwork got resubmitted for review. It has now been 2 weeks and when I ask my recruiter when word should come down his response is "Oh, I have seen it take over 3 months. I won't ask until it has been at least a month".

Is this for real? Is there anything I can do? What would you do in this situation?

nugget61

pilot
1. MEPS isn't required (or at least wasn't, someone correct me if this is old) to make it to the boards for review. 2. When he said it's submitted for review, it probably means he sent it up the chain to the board, which may not be meeting for a few months (there's a thread on here about that, check it out if you haven't). 3. Package deadline? For what? If it's the board, you're probably good. If it gives you peace of mind just email your OR and ask if that's what he meant. He's super busy and you don't want him to think you're annoying. (Don't take that as me saying not to be persistent, however. Walk the line).

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
I appreciate the insight, Nugget. To answer your questions and provide some clarification.
1. I was told that my package would be considered incomplete and could not be submitted if I did not complete MEPS.
2. The package has not been submitted to board yet because my last interview appraisal just went in this past Monday.
3. The package deadline is for the board.

Now though I am wondering about the requirement for MEPS that the recruiter told me. Does the need for it change if I am going for a direct commission in the reserves versus going to OCS for active duty? Or is it the same across the board?

exNavyOffRec

I appreciate the insight, Nugget. To answer your questions and provide some clarification.
1. I was told that my package would be considered incomplete and could not be submitted if I did not complete MEPS.
2. The package has not been submitted to board yet because my last interview appraisal just went in this past Monday.
3. The package deadline is for the board.

Now though I am wondering about the requirement for MEPS that the recruiter told me. Does the need for it change if I am going for a direct commission in the reserves versus going to OCS for active duty? Or is it the same across the board?

I will answer but need you to answer this, what are you applying for?

exNavyOffRec

2 weeks ago today there was a SNAFU and my appointment for MEPS got canceled. That afternoon my paperwork got resubmitted for review. It has now been 2 weeks and when I ask my recruiter when word should come down his response is "Oh, I have seen it take over 3 months. I won't ask until it has been at least a month".

Is this for real? Is there anything I can do? What would you do in this situation?

Your recruiter is blowing smoke up your ***, when records are submitted to MEPS for review they per MEPS instruction only has DAYS to come back with an answer.

I did see stuff like this happen with a MEPS before, the CMO was fired.

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
NavyOffRec--I am applying for the Navy Reserve CEC.

Your recruiter is blowing smoke up your ***, when records are submitted to MEPS for review they per MEPS instruction only has DAYS to come back with an answer.

That is what I thought. When he first submitted the paperwork two weeks ago he told me they should get back with a response in a week. Now he is changing his tune. I have already contacted the actual Officer Recruiter (he is an enlisted recruiter who has been recruited to help with the officer paperwork and MEPS) asking if this was normal but she has not responded. What should my next step be?

exNavyOffRec

NavyOffRec--I am applying for the Navy Reserve CEC.

That is what I thought. When he first submitted the paperwork two weeks ago he told me they should get back with a response in a week. Now he is changing his tune. I have already contacted the actual Officer Recruiter (he is an enlisted recruiter who has been recruited to help with the officer paperwork and MEPS) asking if this was normal but she has not responded. What should my next step be?

I wonder if he believes the medical issues would DQ you, or he may believe you don't have a strong enough background to get picked up so he is hoping you just lose interest.

PM me with further info if you want and I might be able to provide better info.