• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

When to show up

Status
Not open for further replies.

futrbluangel

Ok this is driving me crazy. All the gouge out there says to show up as late as possible. Well that might have been the best thing to do in the past but not now. V2.0 and I showed up in 13-04 around 1130 only to be sent directly to the drill instructors office to get RPT'd and yelled at. Apparently, this is a new thing that they do if you show up after 0900. And don't forget the little details...... like making sure your shoelaces are inboard over outboard. Man those nasty candios from 08 got me good for that one

Reactions: JLH

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
I wouldn't make sure that your shoelaces are inboard over outboard, because that just shows you've been talking to people on this forum or had some gouge beforehand. They really hate that.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Originally posted by futrbluangel
hey my name is John and I am a future Naval Aviator. I just found this site and it looks really cool. Well I agree with number two but I think that I will report as early as possible. I want to be the best Naval Officer that I can be and showing up late would set a bad example. I am going to be there early enough so that the people that check us in will be impressed by my initiative. I cant wait to meet all of you guys. I can not get into town until late so I will probably see you all sunday morning.
I have a friend that graduated OCS recently and he has been giving me some really good information. If you all have any questions I will give him a call and ask him.

So what happened to showing initiative and setting a good example?

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Two questions that will never get answered...especially on this forum.

1) Does API really count when calculating your NSS. If so, how much?

2) When to show up at OCS....early, on time, or late

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
In retrospect, late would have been a MUCH better option for me. we had someone show up at 2000, that was pretty funny.

jaerose

Yeah, some old guy from 13-04 showed up at Batt II at 8pm to check in...talk about a good first impression. I think he was rolled on principle.

JR

photonchick

This maybe a really stupid question but I'm going to ask anyway. So these guys who get on this site before they even GO to OCS talking about how they are going to be great officers, be their class officer, fly with the blue angels, run the navy by the time they are 30, etc...are they just getting their a$$e$ kicked by the DI's when they get there or what? I don't know much about OCS, but I spent some time as enlisted girl, and it seemed like the girls who first got there and wanted to "practice marching so they could be the best in the company" were the first targets of our cc's. It seemed like they were also the first ones crying or running to the chaplins and faking being lesbians to get out. Is cockiness a factor at OCS? Do you think any of the DI's ever read this stuff and think-"Hey wait till I get my hands on so-and-so"? Any of you more saltier sailors want to comment on the type of guys who were the first to go?

Reactions: JLH

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Cockiness is very bad. The DIs don't need this site to sniff you out. If you act like a prick, you're going to be taken down a few notches by your class Drill Instructor.

Status
Not open for further replies.