• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

When to Rotate?

planejane

I am active duty Navy (E-6). The officer application from the OPNAVINST requires my PRD. If I get accepted now, how soon would I have to go to OCS? In other words, can I delay going to OCS until my PRD? I am trying to finish my doctorate, which is almost a year earlier than my PRD. I am just trying to decide when to submit my package.

Thanks!

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
Part of the package for a civilian is when they are available to start OCS. I'm sure that would be somewhat similar for you. My guess is that as long as it stays inside a fiscal year, you'd be OK.

Whatever you end up doing, good luck.

Flying Low

Yea sure or Yes Sir?
pilot
Contributor
I doubt you can delay it for a whole year. When I did my OCS package I think there was a block for requested OCS date. I went about 4 months after my selection. You might also want to think about your age and if delaying a year will affect your eligibility for certain designators.

bb1125

None
If you're not ready to go to OCS, I recommend not sending your package yet. They usually take you pretty quick after selection. I found out I was selected about a month after sending in my package and I had to report about a month later. That was even after requesting a class a couple of weeks later because I was stationed overseas at the time. There were guys in my class that had an even shorter turn around time. If you have your package complete and want to wait a few months, it shouldn't be a big deal. You have all the work done getting it together, so just put the stamp on it when you're actually ready to go.