• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

When do you find out where advanced will be so you can make housing arrangements?

butterbar201

I was wondering if you got sufficient time after platform selection (during) primary at Whiting to find a house at Corpus (or whatever) and execute a PCS? Or is it a Chinese fire drill to graduate from Primary at Whiting on FRI, find out your platform for advanced and run to Corpus or Kingsville to begin advanced that MON?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
They have to move you, so it can only go as fast as the household goods people allow. That is, if you're single. I'm sure someone will post their sad story about how they had to leave their wife here and report in TX/MS by themselves, but I'm guessing that those stories were from another "era."

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Longest. Thread. Title. Ever.

It can be a slow process, or it can be so quick you need a power of attorney for one of your friends to handle your moving stuff. Just depends.

KBayDog

I found out where I was going on Thursday, and had to check in the very next day!

Training Command is hell, boys...

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
KBayDog said:
I found out where I was going on Thursday, and had to check in the very next day!

Training Command is hell, boys...
Did you get Helos?

A year and a half ago I selected on Thursday and had to be gone in 8 days. Moved to Corpus with the cat and dog, lived at the Red Roof Inn for a week (with said cat and dog ... sucked), then found a place and signed the lease. For all that, it wasn't that bad.

Out of advanced we had a little more notice (about a month). Have had verbal orders to the fleet for months now, and hoping to get the hard copy here shortly ... might happen. ;)

ghost

working, working, working ...
pilot
VarmintShooter said:
Did you get Helos?

A year and a half ago I selected on Thursday and had to be gone in 8 days. Moved to Corpus with the cat and dog, lived at the Red Roof Inn for a week (with said cat and dog ... sucked), then found a place and signed the lease. For all that, it wasn't that bad.

Out of advanced we had a little more notice (about a month). Have had verbal orders to the fleet for months now, and hoping to get the hard copy here shortly ... might happen. ;)

I can happen coming out of advanced too. I was not sure if I was going to finish all my flights before winging. Found out my assignment two days before I winged. Got my orders the monday after winging to PCS to San Diego within two weeks.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
ghost said:
I can happen coming out of advanced too. I was not sure if I was going to finish all my flights before winging. Found out my assignment two days before I winged. Got my orders the monday after winging to PCS to San Diego within two weeks.

At least you got San Diego.