• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What's this (recce quiz)?

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
Imagine being a test and eval pilot in those days. What an amazing, expansive variety of aircraft. In some ways its a damn shame that we don't actually have any real "need" for new airframes, or the competition of developers like in those days.

(And by need I mean the military actually acknowledging some of the shortcomings of our current airframes in certain areas. We all know no one is going to come out and admit that we might need something different than what we currently operate with the current political climate.)

jmcquate

Contributor
Imagine being a test and eval pilot in those days. What an amazing, expansive variety of aircraft. In some ways its a damn shame that we don't actually have any real "need" for new airframes, or the competition of developers like in those days.

(And by need I mean the military actually acknowledging some of the shortcomings of our current airframes in certain areas. We all know no one is going to come out and admit that we might need something different than what we currently operate with the current political climate.)
And a lot of smoking holes in the desert.

LFDtoUSMC

pilot
Contributor

If you havn't read YEAGER, I highly recommend it. Gen. Yeager goes into quite a lot of detail about his days of test/eval flying out at Muroc (now Edwards) AFB. Some of the stories he tells would land guys to jail these days.

http://www.amazon.com/Yeager-Autobi...6742/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325463595&sr=8-1