• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What's the story with Belleville boots?

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ok, I've searched every MCX and Cash Sales on the west coast (literally) and cannot find a size 10R Belleville Temperate ICB. Are they still in production or what? I wound up getting a pair of Danner's, but I still wouldn't mind finding a pair of Belleville's (my Belleville flight boots are the best boots I've ever owned).

I have a feeling my Danner's will wind up being my garrison boot, but I'd still like a nice field pair. I'm heading to a FAC tour soon, so I figured I couldn't get away with wearing my flight boots with my cammies for much longer.

Anyone?

Clux4

Banned
Are you staying on the West Coast for FAC or are you going anywhere else? I know Quantico cash sales has odd sizes. I wear a 9W and I got one there. I can check next week when I return to work and maybe we can work something out if you must have a pair.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ya, I'm staying out here. The only thing I see on the Belleville site are steel toes. I know they make/made non-steel toed ICB-style boots.

Edit: I have no issue with steel-toed boots, I'm just not sure I want them in boots that I intend to be humping, running, and doing other various field activities in.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Go to MCRD. The washouts turn their boots in and you can get them almost brand new for next to nothing. Failing that, I might be able to get my supp-o to issue you some. That's where I got my new set. Old ones destroyed in AFG.

Note; saftey boots work. I dropped a 120# sheet of AM2 on my foot, which destroyed my boot, but didn't lose any toes. They feel almost exactly like the regular ones.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Go to MCRD. The washouts turn their boots in and you can get them almost brand new for next to nothing. Failing that, I might be able to get my supp-o to issue you some. That's where I got my new set. Old ones destroyed in AFG.

Note; saftey boots work. I dropped a 120# sheet of AM2 on my foot, which destroyed my boot, but didn't lose any toes. They feel almost exactly like the regular ones.

Good luck. I ordered mine at least a month ago, and if the PR shop is any indicator of progress (helmet, vest build etc), I may not get them before I head out to guam.

MasterBates

It seems like it's been getting harder to find boots in the non-standard the last 2-3 years.

I used to be able to walk into the NEX and buy shoes/boots, albeit a thinner selection than the usual sizes. Now, they can't even ORDER boots in my size.

I tried getting Bellevilles in my size for SmurfCams, and no joy. I've heard similar issues from people with small but wide feet.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not that anyone is following this thread, but I found some pretty good field boots. I ordered a set of Bates M-8 Tactical Boots off eBay and put them to their first real test today. They are awesome field boots. They weigh almost nothing, and feel like tennis shoes. They won't cut it for garrison use - no EGA and they're "high speed" looking, much like the Oakleys (but a lot less $). I don't know if you could get away with them in OCS, but for fleet use (and potentially TBS), they are great.

About $65 from a store on eBay - they're about $100-150 more from most online stores since these "may have a minor blemish," but I couldn't find anything on mine. If you're interested, go to eBay and search for "Bates 1450" and they'll come up in all the available sizes.

Attachments

• 211-00732-2.jpg
    211-00732-2.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 40

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
Those are slick, Squeeze.
I agree that the Bellevilles (steel toe) are the most comfy boots I've owned with smartwool sox....never flown with them though. Great for HD riding during the warm months.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Those are slick, Squeeze.
I agree that the Bellevilles (steel toe) are the most comfy boots I've owned with smartwool sox....never flown with them though. Great for HD riding during the warm months.

If you think Bellevilles are comfy, get a pair of Red Wings.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Not that anyone is following this thread, but I found some pretty good field boots. I ordered a set of Bates M-8 Tactical Boots off eBay and put them to their first real test today. They are awesome field boots. They weigh almost nothing, and feel like tennis shoes. They won't cut it for garrison use - no EGA and they're "high speed" looking, much like the Oakleys (but a lot less $). I don't know if you could get away with them in OCS, but for fleet use (and potentially TBS), they are great.

About $65 from a store on eBay - they're about $100-150 more from most online stores since these "may have a minor blemish," but I couldn't find anything on mine. If you're interested, go to eBay and search for "Bates 1450" and they'll come up in all the available sizes.

The engineer platoon at TBS all had these boots. They were "testing" them, whatever that means... Either way they said the boots were awesome. A couple of guys in my platoon bought some and also liked them. They described them as bates lites but for the field...