• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Whats the deal????

twice

I know there are more Intel guys on this site but where are you all?????
Anyway
What’s the deal on molesworth is it cool? What about italy/spain and japan. When I was in the army I loved!!! OCONUS. I would like to hear where the cool places Intel guys can go. i.e. what is the Intel dream billet???? What were your favorite duty assignments etc?

And most of all where are the best women??????(Women on this site please excuse my stupidity but im still young and single):tongue2_1 :confused: :eek: :icon_tong

oh yeah and how much leeway does one have with input into his or her first assignment, is it straight up needs of the navy or can you narrow it down to say east coast or west coast?

sarnav

Six smiley faces in a post is entirely too many...
The worst duty station post has plenty of info you are looking for, I will let the intel guys come out to answer the specifics. Good luck with your package.

FlyinSpy

Mongo only pawn, in game of life...
Contributor
twice said:
I know there are more Intel guys on this site but where are you all?????

Probably off finding the mail buoy, or hunting down relative bearing grease....

twice said:
Anyway
What’s the deal on molesworth is it cool? What about italy/spain and japan. When I was in the army I loved!!! OCONUS. I would like to hear where the cool places Intel guys can go. i.e. what is the Intel dream billet???? What were your favorite duty assignments etc?

If you consider the mere fact of being in England cool, then Molesworth is cool. Otherwise, cool describes the climate. It's an interesting place, with a lot of interesting work going on, but kind of out of the way of the English mainstream. (There's also a fair share of meaningless time wasting jobs there too - just like anywhere else in a big bureaucracy.) Getting around can be a pain if you don't have a car, and getting to London takes some doing; it's not like you head into London every evening for happy hour.

I happen to love being overseas, so anywhere different is interesting. That's one of the simultaneous good-and-bad things about the Navy - you get out and see the world. Entry-level intel jobs often involve a lot of paper-clip straightening, and how "cool" the job is depends on an awful lot of interlocking dependencies - the job, the command climate, the location, your personality, etc. Tough to characterize any one billet (or class of billets) as "cool" or "uncool" until you have a better sense of what you like and want to be when you grow up. What looks like a dream billet can rapidly become a nightmare, and a seemingly crappy job can be the coolest thing you've ever done. Some people love being a squadron AI; others count the days until they are done. Some love being a command-level briefer; others hate standing boring op center watches. IMHO doing any job afloat or overseas is always more interesting than doing it ashore in CONUS - it's what the Navy is all about.

twice said:
And most of all where are the best women??????(Women on this site please excuse my stupidity but im still young and single):tongue2_1 :confused: :eek: :icon_tong

Aalborg, Denmark.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
HueyCobra8151 said:
Women: Ukraine.

Are they getting access to good dental yet? Seems like most all Russian/Ukrainian/Georgian/etc women have crappy teeth. They look hot until they open their mouths. Of course, they have to open their mouths.

T

TXHusker05

I'm going to have to second San Diego for the best looking women, but that is just my personal opinion. Brett is right though, women of every flavor can be found in SD.

It is hard to say what a dream billet might be, for one person it could be with the fleet in Italy or for another it could be a staff job in the Pentagon so it depends what you are looking for in a dream billet. If it is all about warm weather with beaches full of pretty women and more bars than you can put on a page in the phone book, I nominate San Diego. If you want pretty women dressed up in ski boots and fur, pick something up north :icon_smil

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
TXHusker05 said:
If you want pretty women dressed up in ski boots and fur, pick something up north :icon_smil

Heck, if you want that, drive to Mammoth or Big Bear from San Diego...best of both worlds.

Foreign places where I've seen obscenely hot women? Perth, Australia and Rhodes, Greece.

T

TXHusker05

Oh God yes, I forgot about Australia. That even tops San Diego in flat out gorgeous women damn near everywhere. Plus the Aussie way is to go nude on the beach. Not to mention the fact that Australia is one of the coolest places in the world. I'm a surfer so I was even more attached to Australia but even if you don't surf. If you like warm weather (during their spring and summer, our fall and winter), beautiful women, great beaches and really cool people... I recommend a trip to Australia. Not sure what type of intel opportunities would be there but hell, go visit anyway.

ThisGuy is right though, I'd take San Diego so you get the pretty women and nice weather during the spring/summer months and then you can drive to a ski resort during the winter and find the same thing in cold weather and fur. Plus Mexico is just right there, you can't go wrong with Mexico (unless you drink the water).

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
TXHusker05 said:
If you like warm weather (during their spring and summer, our fall and winter), beautiful women, great beaches and really cool people...

If you don't like this stuff, you're probably gay.

Unfortunately, there aren't any US Naval installations in Australia, but if you land a squadron out of San Diego, you'll probably get to go on a WESTPAC cruise...so just make sure you're single or that your significant other doesn't know you're going to Australia ;)

SpiderUSMC

I don't personally know about working at Molesworth, but my father seemed to enjoy it alot. I know it was a great place to be a dependant. I visited every country in Western Europe, some in Eastern, and a few in North Africa. Alconbury had very nice on base housing and the off base (semi off base) in Brampton was really great.

T

TXHusker05

Thisguy said:
If you don't like this stuff, you're probably gay.

Unfortunately, there aren't any US Naval installations in Australia, but if you land a squadron out of San Diego, you'll probably get to go on a WESTPAC cruise...so just make sure you're single or that your significant other doesn't know you're going to Australia ;)

Yep, maybe try and work an exchange program with the Australian Royal Navy :icon_mi_1 What was the quote on "The Unit" tonight, "you aren't married overseas" or something like that? I guess what the lady doesn't know, can't hurt her.