• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What's the deal with the Navy having too many pilots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Fred said:
Did you check into getting the Air Forces JPME Phase one curriculum? It gets the check in the box and is shorter and easier (according to many) than the Navy's.

The vast majority of those who screened for 05 Command on this last board had at least one joint box checked. (JPME Phase 1 or a Joint tour)

Yes but there is a story behind the Air Force JPME. It's shorter and there is a website dedicated to those attempting that program but the Air Force found out about it and hot highly upset. I won't go into it but the testing stopped, resumed and is know a much more difficult endeavor. I like the reading for the Navy as well. Only one test but many papers, much more my style.

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
They are raising the bar at API to paise out all the extra pilots. From what i heard, the are raising the mins for tests so if you score anything below a high B or low A, you get booted. They choose to make API harder, not ASTB, grades, etc. This is what i heard so feel free to add.

mules83 said:
They are raising the bar at API to paise out all the extra pilots. From what i heard, the are raising the mins for tests so if you score anything below a high B or low A, you get booted. They choose to make API harder, not ASTB, grades, etc. This is what i heard so feel free to add.

Talked to a buddy of mine the other day, he is at API right now, said the other day they let a guy go who had a 92%...an 'A' and this guy got booted!?!!

~jai5w4

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
A 92 isn't really an A if everyone else got a 95. I'm sure there was something else going on there, too.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Yes, people with 92s as an overall average are getting booted left and right. The 42.5NSS is just slightly above that right now (like a 92.5 or so). With each passing week, it seems to get a little higher. This does not mean that you are finished if you bomb an exam or two with grades in the 80's. They are only looking at the overall average. Right now there isn't any more to the story with most of the people being cut from API, if their overall academic average isn't whatever the 42.5 equals that week, they are gone ('04 Navy SNAs only of course).

On JPME- Other then being an 0-3, is there anything else you have to do to start taking the courses, or can you just decide you want to do it one day and get the materials on your own? Do you need the detailers approval etc?

Fred

bunk22 said:
Yes but there is a story behind the Air Force JPME. It's shorter and there is a website dedicated to those attempting that program but the Air Force found out about it and hot highly upset. I won't go into it but the testing stopped, resumed and is know a much more difficult endeavor. I like the reading for the Navy as well. Only one test but many papers, much more my style.

Wow, I had no idea. My husband started the AF version in Feb and is about half done. (he was on 30 days leave and worked on it a few hours a day). He doesn't know anything about a Web Site though. He said it was very interesting and not overly difficult. Just involved a lot of reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.