• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What's the application process like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdtidepride

To all,

I'm a graduating senior at The University of Alabama. This week I'm planning on meeting with an officer recruiter to discuss with him future opportunities in the Navy. I'm really excited, but I don't know what to expect. Any info or tips would be great!

Once you apply to OCS, how long before you hear from the Navy on your status (accepted/denied)? If accepted, is it at that time they inform you of your OCS class date?

Thanks

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
You don't really need to prepare or anything. Just have an idea as to what you're interested in. If you're going Nuke, you'll find out if you screened to interview, and if you sucessfully pass the interview, they tell you right there and you're in. The wait can really vary. If you apply to one of the large unrestricted lines, I would think you would hear back faster than say, intel or crypto. The smaller communities tend to dissect your transcripts more. You'll usually find out your class date along with your acceptance. I applied around March '02, found out in June '02, and my class was in Sept '02. Hope this helps!

jdtidepride

Thanks for the replys guys!

Chazmurr, what was your first meeting with your officer recruiter? Did you take any test? If so, what were they and how difficult were they?
Thanks. Hopefully, I'll be able to meet with a recuiter this Thurs. in Montgomery, AL.

Take care.

songbird747

Hey JD,

It's great that you're getting a jump on that before graduation. I sat on my initiative for a bit. Go in with an idea of what you'd like to shoot for, get an idea of the likelihood of you getting it, take the test when you're ready....and then wait...(and wait some more). I started the application process the first week of June 2003, when a few other applicants from my office had been waiting for several months. I heard in late Sept. that I had been accepted, and finally swore in. You won't get a class date until after you're selected for a community, take the physical, do a PRT, and then get the final thumbs up. Hang in there....and good luck!

gorpwarp

pro-rec'd snfo
On the application form they ask for officer program numbers (e.g. 03/23057) - anyone know where I can find those?

thanks!
Michelle

Status
Not open for further replies.