• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What you did after your Aviation career...

Lovebug201

standby, mark mark, pull
None
Schoolteacher soon to go back on active duty.

Back to active duty huh - that is because we all know that there are no jobs for double anchor guys after the military.

Well you can all come to live with me, you know, under the viaduct near the freeway. Fortunately you can bring your laptop. Wireless connection and plenty of time to cruise AW :icon_tong:icon_tong

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So are you an instructor/liason type in Kuwait?:icon_wink

If he wanted to come right out and say it, he would have. You are an intel type. Figure it out and keep it to yourself. Notice how stalk handled his question.

Old R.O.

Professional No-Load
None
Contributor
Six years of active duty as an F-4 RIO, with a 15-month disassociated overseas shore tour at the end. Resigned my commission and became an aviation technical writer... found the job in the newspaper want ads.
Received a package in the mail from the Reserve Recruiting Command. Got my commission back, joined the Reserves and flew for the next 10 years part-time at Miramar -- F-4s and F-14s.
After the first civilian job, the next six jobs were the result of networking, either from the Reserves or from people I had met at work (except for a 3-month temp job... again, newspaper want ads).
The last job, which has lasted 20 years, was the result of a friend needing my skills. We had had known each other for a few years. When he took over a newsletter and made it into a magazine, I helped, either as a volunteer or part-timer, for 12 years. At this point, the managing editor's job opened up as the incumbent resigned to become a full-time author. I was let go from the tech writer/graphics dept lead job I had in the aerospace industry, and stepped into the managing editor position. Lower pay, but infinitely less bvllshit and corporate politics. Best stroke of luck from a crappy situation I ever had.
When my wife retired, I became a private contractor working for the same magazine. I now work three seasons in Wyoming and three months during the winter from an RV in Yuma. Wherever there's an Internet connection, I can work. Life is good.

OldNavy

Over the Road Truck Driver for 5 years...

Hip replacement. More College

Law Enforcement (Crime Scene)

Pugs

Back from the range
None
Active duty to TAR (now FTS) to Reserves with the same squadron, took a job with a standard defense contractor who went through four buy-outs and changes in a year and half. I was unimpressed with their ethics and doing the right thing for the government. Was asked to join an FFRDC based on some previous work I had done with one while working on the for-profit-side that they were impressed with. Made that transition 9 years ago with them back into the SIGINT community where I went back into engineering but more IT related. Very happy with everything except living in MD and retired from the reserves two years ago. Spent 18 of my 20 years in the cockpit.

phrogpilot73

Software Engineer supporting NAVAIR, to Marine Reservist, to house-husband/Marine Reservist who brews a lot of beer..

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
I'm not there yet, but I'm considering a career as a door gunner on the space shuttle when I get out.