• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What would you do if your plane was hijacked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fredster809

I flew cross country a few months after 9/11, and brought an ink pen with me. I have shatter proof glasses and figured with one of my lenses in the palm of my hand and the pen resting on that I could easily stab them deep enough in the throat to take em out.

zuggerat

i think george carlin had the best idea yet with the FART (flachelant air reaction team) squad. mainly composed of eagles and green bay NFL fans on a diet of nothing more than beer sauerkraut and cheese. with teams of these rancid NFL fans on each aircraft, hijackers would have no chance, asphixiation would set in, resulting in the regaining of the aircraft and the safe return of the passengers and crew (thanx to the oxygen masks dropping down from the ceiling).

utrico

Applying for OCS
I'd do anything to get those guys. If somehow they had control of the cockpit and there was no way to get in, I would call up the FAA and tell them to shoot us down. Better us than 3000 people working in their offices.

snizo

Supply Officer
...not sure it would be such a smart thing to high-jack a plane these days. Passengers would assume you are going to crash it anyway, and fight back. You aren't gonna get anywhere if the people aren't afraid of your knives -- and you can't fend yourself off from 100 people.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Y'all are fighting the last war. the reason the 9/11 attack was so succesful was because it went against what was expected. People figured if they went along with the demands, they'd eventually be safe. Don't expect the terrorists to pull the same stunt twice. When there is another attack, it won't be airliners being driven into skyscrapers.

valheru

prior to 9/11 i used to fly quite a bit - my dad is a pilot for american. i only had one carry-on - EVER. i would carry my carbon-fiber pool stick on the plane. they make some kick ass escrima sticks in a tight spot. i would sit on the aisle in the back of the aircraft (i always, as a standby passenger, got on last). that way i got a good look at the people on the plane with me. i, personally, had no desire to go to the ass-end of egypt on some terrorist's whim.

and anyone who had ever read Tom Clancy knew that an airplane could very will be used to destroy a building.

box cutters! haha - that's some funny ****. well, it would be funny if thousands of people hadn't died because they didn't want to take on some people with box-cutters. props to the guys who nailed the terrorists over PA. too bad that they died doing the right thing.

my dad's philosophy on terrorism has always been very simple.
negative G's to the aircraft's limit
O2 mask on
cabin pressure switch - dump
below 10,000' aircraft altitude - remove crash axe
do what is required.

hell, it's almost bold-face.
Matt

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I've read Debt of Honor and it scares me sometimes how prophetic Clancy was in that. Now even the numbnuts (plural?) in the media get that picture. Amen to the guys in PA. I wouldn't mind taking out a few Islamo-fascists hand-to-hand if the opportunity presented itself.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
do any of you all remember that short lived FOX show The Lone Gunmen? There was an episode where they crashed aircraft into the World Trade Center. The difference was that they were remotely controlled and taken from the pilot's controls by the government. When i read the synopsis i was taken back. I never saw the episode but i read the synopsis on their website before Sept. 11th...i think they're website is long gone but i'll never forget how creepy that was.

Sabre170

None
the following is from Mike Warnkey:
If there was a way to decompress the plane and make all the masks fall down, the hijackers would be forced to put one on or pass out. Plus when a plane decompresses at high alt from what I understand the plane fills up with a dense fog, this may temporary confuse them... Then the pilot would have to get the plane down to a altitude where poeple can breath without the use of oxygen. This dive may also interupt the hijackers and give a few passengers a chance to over power the hijackers. Once over powered the back down can be opened fairly safely (once you are below 15,000 feet) and throw the SOBs out. Let their lives flash before their eyes during the final 66 seconds of life.

Status
Not open for further replies.