• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What to wear (and bring) to interview

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
....maybe my advice is not the best to listen to.

LOL. Well, +1 for that honest comment. I think you got what I was saying. Sure, it's an interesting subject as is origin of OSS (which is likely in there) and even though you are interested in them, the key takeaway is it could backfire on you without you even knowing. Even if you don't have those aspirations, how does an interviewer know that. At best, it becomes a distraction for interviewer until he or she vets your true goals. Unless you have it tucked away, which you didn't, they will know you brought it for you to see and they're going to want to know why. If you ever get close enough to certain Other Government Agencies, you'll realize why this isn't a good strategy and why I'm posting about it. I can tell you this in a PM, but advocating using that book as an icebreaker for an interview for others is fraught with hazards. DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME or with your friendly OSO. +1 for suggesting bringing a book, -1 for suggesting that one so you break even, but +1 (net) for realizing you only saw it from your perspective (same +1 as "honest comment").

ASHWND

(BDCP) Supply Corps OC
LOL. Well, +1 for that honest comment. I think you got what I was saying. Sure, it's an interesting subject as is origin of OSS (which is likely in there) and even though you are interested in them, the key takeaway is it could backfire on you without you even knowing. Even if you don't have those aspirations, how does an interviewer know that. At best, it becomes a distraction for interviewer until he or she vets your true goals. Unless you have it tucked away, which you didn't, they will know you brought it for you to see and they're going to want to know why. If you ever get close enough to certain Other Government Agencies, you'll realize why this isn't a good strategy and why I'm posting about it. I can tell you this in a PM, but advocating using that book as an icebreaker for an interview for others is fraught with hazards. DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME or with your friendly OSO. +1 for suggesting bringing a book, -1 for suggesting that one so you break even, but +1 (net) for realizing you only saw it from your perspective.

From my calculations that is a +2, not a lot of +2's handed out here on AW... I feel like a golden god.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
From my calculations that is a +2, not a lot of +2's handed out here on AW... I feel like a golden god.

+2 combined with -1 = +1. You've got more spin than the presidential campaign(s) these days