• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What to fly... Advice?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
You guys crack me up with all your "fat chick" stuff .... like YOU'RE the big day at the beach.

HEY!!! I know; we'll all have a reunion in ... ohhhh .... say 30 years .... then we'll see how you-all held up.

Hint: in 99% of the cases ... it won't be pretty .... :)

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
It's ok, I'm not too pretty right now as it is, so I'm not too worried about 30 years from now either :)

MasterBates

Personally, I at least can respect ugly girls who stay in shape.

I have NO PITY for pretty girls that let themselves become Manatee's by feeding non stop on Haagen-Daz and 1lb blocks of cheese. *cough*Shelly*cough*

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
So... uh... any more advice?
Yeah ... like everyone's said: bid what you want ... fly what you get.

If you don't get that by now .... then I just don't know what else can be said .... :)

Just get good grades. Otherwise, this is all academic. And kinda futile ....

Rg9

pilot
bid what you want ... fly what you get.
I'll be happy flying anything. My concern is putting down what I believe would best fit me (otherwise, why would they ask?), which I am not set on right now. That's my underlying question here, and to that point I'd still like to get some more advice re: my other questions. I already know not to marry fat chicks.

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
Yes, I have more advice: don't sweat it. You don't come off as one of those guys who is going to commit seppuku over not getting a particular platform. So list your choices in order of your gut, or via dart board, or per your astrologer, or alphabetically. Then have a great time with what you get.

"Don't think, Meat, just throw."

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I'll be happy flying anything. My concern is putting down what I believe would best fit me (otherwise, why would they ask?), which I am not set on right now. That's my underlying question here, and to that point I'd still like to get some more advice re: my other questions. I already know not to marry fat chicks.

Ahhhh ... got it now. I checked your profile. You're a freakin' Golden Golpher ... and as I "speak" Minnesotan-ese ... I feel your pain.

But ONLY YOU know what would "best fit" you ... as none of us know you. Except for the fact that you're a Golpher. Ya-sure, you-betcha .... and you don't want to marry "fat chicks".

And I can understand that .... being as you're from the Land of 10,000 Swamps and all .... :D

Get good grades ... all else will follow.

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
Let me add one last bit of advice. The week I selected, everybody got helos. Highest, lowest, guy in between; it didn't matter - everybody got helos, some 35 guys from both from Whiting and Corpus.

Some guys had their hearts broken. Some of us were still amazed that the Navy was paying us to fly - not the other way around. Your attitude will determine how much you enjoy your career, not your platform.