• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What to buy near Cherry Point, strictly as an investment

theduke

I want to get in on home ownership, and buy into this depressed market, but I'm single and just can't justify buying a house for just me to live in, and then only half the time or a little more (with deployments and dets). I think it's smarter to just rent a room from someone with a house, then bank the BAH when I'm gone.

I would be intersted in buying something just to rent out. I don't care if I generate positive cashflow initially as long as I break even (including insurance, PMI if necessary, etc). What I save on taxes will be icing on the cake, and eventually (as my mortgage payment stays the same, but the rental income increases) I'll turn a profit, and I'll be building equity on someone else's dime from day 1.

Does anyone think it's possible to do this, without going beyond, say, a 20 or 30k downpayment?

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Why not buy a house live in it a rent a one of your rooms out like you are describing yourself doing?

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
It will be a long time before we run out of land in America to build houses on, but beach front is drying up quickly...

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It will be a long time before we run out of land in America to build houses on, but beach front is drying up quickly...
Hurricanes tend to fix that every so often. :icon_tong