• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

what STDs does MEPS test for?

AnonymousGuy

None
Does anyone know what stds they actually check for at MEPS? Is it only HIV and Hepatitis?

Do any STDs besides those disqualify you? If one has chlamydia, ghonnorea, or herpes...does that disqualify them? Are those checked for at all?

Thanks in advance for your help!

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
They don't boreswab you, if that's what you're asking.

HIV is tested and is obviously going to be an issue if found. I don't specifically know about the others.

Uhh...maybe if you're worried about it, you should get checked out and treated before getting the physical. You don't want to have your dick rot off or get syphillis-induced dementia while in training.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
OMFG! Hey dude, they're gonna check your package visually and depending on the doc s/he may do some feeling around down there. If that shit looks like it has mushrooms growing on it or it smells like sex panther/bigfoot's dick they're going to be asking more questions. Just get it handled before you go.

Reactions: RMP

AJTranny

Over to the dark side I go...
pilot
None
I'm assuming you mean you have a permanent condition like herpes. Hopefully a doc can chime in but I don't remember any swabs or invasive tests. But if you got somethin obvious
goin on in the pumpkin patch somebody is gonna notice so don't hide it.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Does anyone know what stds they actually check for at MEPS? Is it only HIV and Hepatitis?

Do any STDs besides those disqualify you? If one has chlamydia, ghonnorea, or herpes...does that disqualify them? Are those checked for at all?

Looking at your profile explains the question... if its bacteria based get it taken care of and lay off of the Thai "girls" for a couple weeks and wrap your junk.

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor

Quite possibly the best question I've ever seen posted on AW. +1

Use a condom and you don't have to worry about this

If you're asking this question it might be too late to help you! :icon_smil

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Looking at your profile explains the question... if its bacteria based get it taken care of and lay off of the Thai "girls" for a couple weeks and wrap your junk.

+1000, thank you for bringing the OPs location to my attention. This gets better and better. This is only second to the MB "leaky raincoat" thread.