• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What kind of belt do you wear with the 2 piece flight suit?

Sonog

pilot
Massif also makes a set that are NAVAIR approved. Split opinions on them, but the Massif “combat top” is superior but the rest of the setup has a weirdly tight cut.

Yea I thought the Massif Two-piece was super uncomfortable with the only benefit of being able to de-blouse when necessary.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor

Next order of business for me is a Michigan flag.
Thanks…So obvious I should hate myself….but I’ll just get a buckle instead.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
It looks like LBT has two options, but both are 1.75" belts. The Uniform Belt is probably all you need. I ended up with the riggers belt (it has the D-ring), but I think that was just due to availability at the time.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
So green DriFire is current standard? The lightweight nomex OCP AF issue Flight Duty Uniform is amazing. Would purchase if it wasn't $600+ All the tanker/transport/Helo types in my command wear it - very lightweight material. Shroud cutter pocket on thigh like flight suit. I like it.
As much as I liked the two piece, both the Navy and AF versions, I find that a broken-in green flight suit is much more comfortable. Plus, when wearing the bag you actually look like a pilot.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
As much as I liked the two piece, both the Navy and AF versions, I find that a broken-in green flight suit is much more comfortable. Plus, when wearing the bag you actually look like a pilot.
This is true!!! And as a Reservist, to be doubly sure everyone knows you are a pilot whilst drilling or doing AT, you must display your airline affiliation on the pocket tab (clean of any FOD flap nastiness) il_794xN.3849338295_bmtw.jpg

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
Meh. I have been using a coyote standard Marine web belt with mine for years. Works great. You can't really see it unless debloused, so who really cares?

Oh and trust me, a sergeant major can pick out a flight suit from 400 meters! Especially if it is not bloused into your boots when not flying! Our battalion SGM used to work for me in the QC shop, so he doesn't give me crap...except the deblused legs.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor

I think it's application dependent. Norfolk/Jax/NAG and wearing the new body armor vest? Two piece all day. Back on the beach in the spaces? Regular bag. I appreciate wearing either has been "normalized" amongst HSC as far as I can tell.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
This is true!!! And as a Reservist, to be doubly sure everyone knows you are a pilot whilst drilling or doing AT, you must display your airline affiliation on the pocket tab (clean of any FOD flap nastiness) View attachment 35811

Yeah…I’ve been seeing various jackholes putting those pocket tabs on the NOMEX CWU-36/P flight jackets as well…

F28CFBDB-DCF1-4D9F-BCA1-102DF21EBFE5.jpeg