• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What is going on with OCS dates being moved to right?

Bevo16

pilot
The services can not do this on their own. It would take Congress passing a change to DOPMA for that to happen.

Yea, I know. I thought about adding some kind of footnote to that statement like:

*Bevo has gone way off the ranch here and is engaging in wild ass speculation.

Maybe I should have done so given the high moisture level aft of many of our reader's auditory canals.

I don't expect that any measure like that (recycling O-3's) will happen. The military and our "up or out" system and the profit motive that it creates is what keeps our part of the government from becoming as bogged down as the DMV. When people get to comfortable in their jobs, they tend to start sucking at them.

kat27

Has anyone received their FS and OCS date recently (after all this moving class dates because lack of money talk). I am still waiting on my FS and would like to have an idea as to when I will be going to OCS. Another summer in Chicago for me?
Thanks
KAT

swerdna

None
Contributor
Has anyone received their FS and OCS date recently (after all this moving class dates because lack of money talk). I am still waiting on my FS and would like to have an idea as to when I will be going to OCS. Another summer in Chicago for me?
Thanks
KAT

I got my FS about two weeks ago. I have an OCS date too, but (as with many things in the military) OCS dates are subject to change. I'm not counting my date as a sure thing until I am checking in at Newport.

bbf7b2

pilot
My class date is supposed to be 7 JUN but my recruiter said to standby for a change because they are trying to get more nukes through OCS ASAP and that all classes until July are subject to change. He wasn't very specific as to when he would know about any possible changes, so as usual I'm just going with the flow and enjoying my BDCP money

swerdna

None
Contributor
Swerd,
haha yea, they like to keep you on your toes. When is your date?
kat

Right now, it's scheduled for 21 June (I'm praying that it stays that date).

My class date is supposed to be 7 JUN but my recruiter said to standby for a change because they are trying to get more nukes through OCS ASAP and that all classes until July are subject to change. He wasn't very specific as to when he would know about any possible changes, so as usual I'm just going with the flow and enjoying my BDCP money

I heard the exact same thing from my recruiter.

jorgelito

PRO-REC INTEL
I am still waiting for Final Select. Finished MEPS about 3 weeks ago; just waiting to get some waivers for some med issues. Hopefully the powers that be will give me my waivers and I can get my class date. Still sitting on pins and needles.

Does this mean our FS will be further delayed or will we get our FS with just a later date?

kat27

I don't think so. My recruiter said it will take the usual time for a FS but you will receive a later OCS date.

egolnick

And the roller coaster continues....Just got my official orders (as of now) that I am to report on 6 June.

So FS's are still supposed to be taking the same approx. amount of time? Yeah I would like to get out of the DC area sooner than the fall preferably, but I can't get a hold of my OR to even see how far in the process my FS is.

Makk85

604KTS
pilot
OR is under the impression that dates are being pushed due to budgeting issues and due to the fact that more guys nearing the end of thier commitment are choosing to stay in rather than try out the civvy world in its current collapsed state. Reduced $ + Reduced demand for SNA's = my November 1st OCS date.