• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What I'll Miss About Serving in the Navy

MemphisBell

pilot
As a recent SNA select just starting this journey into the unknown called the "Navy", thank your for your service and also your insight. I read the 2014 retention study early on in my decision to join the navy and I'm not going to lie, it definitely raised some red flags and made me rethink my reasons for joining. The stress it can put on your personal life is a traded off for doing something most people will never experience or understand. However, there comes a time in life when that tradeoff may not seem worth it. Anyways, good luck with life outside the navy and keep us on AW posted on what you are up too!!

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Great article. Loved reading it! I know it must have been a hard decision but I applaud you for being involved and giving to our community of Naval Aviators! Best of luck to you! Can't wait to hear about the next chapter of your successes!

John

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
Echoing everyone else - great piece (again) and best wishes for your next adventure!

azguy

None
Awesome post, Ben. Sadly, many people who get out are very bitter. Good on you for acknowledging both the good and the bad. I'm sure you'll go far.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
"But the best professional outcome will still pale in comparison to the first time I signed for a jet, solo, and was launched off the deck of a United States aircraft carrier – right after almost killing myself enroute to my first arrested landing in the might T-45 Goshawk. I still get goosebumps thinking about that incredible feeling."

Well said. Good luck dude.

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
Prof, I'll cherish my time on the boat and CVW-11. Thanks for your service and the endeavor to make it a better place for the next generation of warriors.

If you decide to come to the dark side (airlines), drop a line.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Well said. You surely don't remember me, but I was one of your studs @ -101 back in the day (don't think we ever flew together, you checked in just a little before I left but I digress). Wish you the best in the next adventure!

Speaking of Frag, one of the best quotes of advice (of his) that has stuck with me....."in this business you are only 3 seconds from F ing it away at any time"