• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What happens when you lose your flight jacket...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Anything left in our CVN ready room (not on your chair) was typically dunked in water and placed in the fridge's freezer at the back of the room. This included jackets, nav bags, g-suits, etc.

Coffee mugs were found often to be frozen solid in the freezer with an unknown yellow liquid in them...could be gatorade or...?

Cheers,
G

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
OMG that's awesome!

anim_lol.gif

HueyCobra8151

pilot
Hehe, freezing stuff rules.

I used to cut the top off a 2 liter soda bottle and fill it with water before placing SNM's whatever in it (usually a cover). COB comes and their cover (or whatever) is solidly encased in a block of ice.

UncleFester

Hummer NFO To Be Reckoned With
Exhibit A: why it does not pay to be an email jerk to your squadron. If you don't have the cojones to make an accusation in front of the entire ready room, you deserve what you get.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not only did they dress his jacket up like a combination of mariachi and pimp styles, they put his patches in random order all over the jacket. Sending it off to presumbly his new RAG, just classic Naval Aviation.

In my squadron the rule was as long as it was on your chair it was left alone, everywhere else was fair game.

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
it' a power point presentation. so presumably a power point player (check Microshaft's website)

ControlledBurn

ERAU Student
I'm not serving yet (6 more months), but I keep a similar tradition in my office . Anyone who leaves their things where they shouldn't be, gets it shrinkwrapped multiple times. Then I use heavy packing tape and tape the offending items to a wall or column with their name written on it in large sharpie letters for all to see.

Items shrinkwrapped include: Glasses, sunglasses, folders, pens, wallets, cd cases, coffee cups, toolkits, pizza in a pizza box, and entire lunch from Wendy's (I thought about trying to wrap each fry individually, but decided it would take far too long)

Road Program

Hangin' on by the static wicks
None
That is awesome! I wonder if they put in a copy of the email so his new squadron would know just sort of chum this guy was.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ummm guys I dont think they mailed it to his new squadron becasue he had S-3 stuff all over it and they were sending it to the Hornet RAG. I think the point was in keeping with the Whiny B!tch theme they the S-3 guys were sending it to the Hornet guys( who htey may or may not consider whiny
b!tches. I could be wrong but having been party to and victim of similar things that is how I read that presentation. Of course then a ransom has to be paid to squadron who comes into possesion of said gear bombs gear.
Just a thought

damn typos

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
skidkid said:
Ummm guys I odnt think they mailed it to his new squadron becasue he had S-3 stuff all over it and they were sending it to the Hornet RAG. I think the point was in keeping with the Whiny B!tch theme they the S-3 guys were sending it to the Hornet guys( who htey may or may not consider whiny
b!tches. I could be wrong but having been party to and victim of similar things that is how I read that presentation. Of course then a ransom has to be paid to squadron who come son possesion of said gear bombs gear.
Just a thought
Well, it's being sent to the Student Control Officer, so it would follow that that's what he is transitioning to, being that he was an S-3 guy and the date is fairly recent.

Brett

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
could be I guess there is a lot of that going on now. Funny either way

Status
Not open for further replies.