• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What happens at Tahoe doesn't stay at Tahoe; What would Gramps say?

PhrogLoop

Adulting is hard
pilot

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
I just learned this from the Safety gurus at DH/OIC school: Forwarding a video or photo of a mishap is not in itself a violation of privilege. Pointing out specifics, especially the kind that might be used in an AMB is. Great advice above.

You all really have a school for that?

What's the curriculum? How to annoy and cause JOs to laugh behind one's back?

Pags

N/A
pilot
I just learned this from the Safety gurus at DH/OIC school: Forwarding a video or photo of a mishap is not in itself a violation of privilege. Pointing out specifics, especially the kind that might be used in an AMB is. Great advice above.

Yeah, the video isn't privileged. But there is a mishap investigation ongoing for Dual Class Cs, so avoid speculation since this is a public forum.

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
The Army use to land Chinooks there all the time when I was working in Reno. I guess a Seahawk isn’t quite the same though.

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
You all really have a school for that?

What's the curriculum? How to annoy and cause JOs to laugh behind one's back?

I sat through the OIC school about two years ago. They talk about stuff like SORTS, PUK management, and some other Admin motherhood type issues.
Although the Commodore (HSM PAC) came in and talked to the folks about the goods and bads of being the OIC. Some of it was pretty good advice from someone who's done it; other stuff was things that will cause him to get a phone call at 0200.... you know the stuff to avoid!

NavAir42

I'm not dead yet....
pilot
I sat through the OIC school about two years ago. They talk about stuff like SORTS, PUK management, and some other Admin motherhood type issues.
Although the Commodore (HSM PAC) came in and talked to the folks about the goods and bads of being the OIC. Some of it was pretty good advice from someone who's done it; other stuff was things that will cause him to get a phone call at 0200.... you know the stuff to avoid!

Don't be an OIC. Problem solved. Not being an O-4 probably helps with that too.