• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What do you get when you graduate PLC?

narfmasta

I know the OCC guys get commissioned right then and there, get their EGA/2nd lt bar etc... but what do the PLC guys get? A pat on the back and the opportunity to commission upon college graduation? Just curious.

USMC Helo Bubba

Contributor
I know the OCC guys get commissioned right then and there, get their EGA/2nd lt bar etc... but what do the PLC guys get? A pat on the back and the opportunity to commission upon college graduation? Just curious.

You are exactly right -- you have till the day you graduate to decide if you want to accept your commission. Still a pretty good deal - an invitation to join the finest fraternity in the known world - and an opportunity to become a leader of them!

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor

pretty much. except i didnt get a pat on the back. going back to college after sucks.

narfmasta

You are exactly right -- you have till the day you graduate to decide if you want to accept your commission. Still a pretty good deal - an invitation to join the finest fraternity in the known world - and an opportunity to become a leader of them!

oh that is definitely cool by me! I was just wondering if we get anything that proves we did it, that's all.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
you will get orders dissmissing you from OCS once you complete it. Thats about it

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
oh that is definitely cool by me! I was just wondering if we get anything that proves we did it, that's all.

You can buy a T-shirt....all kidding aside, all you have is a shaved head and slighter buffer body. Shaved heads don't stick out as much today as they did in the seventies. I went back to work at a restaurant and they asked me to wear a wig lest I frighten the customers.

narfmasta

You can buy a T-shirt....all kidding aside, all you have is a shaved head and slighter buffer body. Shaved heads don't stick out as much today as they did in the seventies. I went back to work at a restaurant and they asked me to wear a wig lest I frighten the customers.

hahha awesome

I went home and got a tattoo.

what was the tattoo of? I actually was thinking about getting one, but I'd only get it after I commissioned in case something stupid happened and I couldn't take it for some reason...

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
You get the opportunity to sleep in past 0500 and not PT. Dont be that guy that goes out and gets a MOTO tattoo after OCS but before he commissions. Last thing you need is to go get a tattoo and then something come up on your SF-86 preventing you to commission.

Slightly off topic, but for some of you that have graduated PLC under Col. Chase. There is a rumor that he now has you earn an EGA after SULE 2 at the Warriors breakfast. Any truth to this?

SETX07

Slightly off topic, but for some of you that have graduated PLC under Col. Chase. There is a rumor that he now has you earn an EGA after SULE 2 at the Warriors breakfast. Any truth to this?

Well I graduated last summer first increment and we did the warriors breakfast after the last night hump. That whole 5th week really blends in my mind due to the constant on the go and no sleep. So im not sure about SULE II. It had to be after it. I never saw an EGA. I saw a nice breakfast and then halled ass to the squad bay and went and played games and did other crap. Nothing to celebrate. yay for echo company.

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
Well I graduated last summer first increment and we did the warriors breakfast after the last night hump. That whole 5th week really blends in my mind due to the constant on the go and no sleep. So im not sure about SULE II. It had to be after it. I never saw an EGA. I saw a nice breakfast and then halled ass to the squad bay and went and played games and did other crap. Nothing to celebrate. yay for echo company.

Roger that. Thanks.

jfulginiti

pilot
None
what was the tattoo of? I actually was thinking about getting one, but I'd only get it after I commissioned in case something stupid happened and I couldn't take it for some reason...

Typical Marine tat..........Eagle, Globe and Anchor with USMC underneath

Raptor2216

Slightly off topic said:
Well, I HEARD that Col. Chase ended his tour(is that proper wording?) a little early because too many candidates were sent back back home as a result of whatever. Again, that is what "I heard"...so don't grill me.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
You get to haul ass across the parade deck and try and beat the traffic out of that miserable place. Seriously, if you don't you are gonna be sitting there forever waiting to get out b/c there are a million people trying to get through one exit all at once.