• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What do they do with wash-outs?

anotherusername

Someone recently told me that there was a time (2004 I think) when SNAs who washed out of the avaition training program were released from the Navy. What is currently being done with those who don't make it through? Is it automatic SWO or can you select a different line? Do they throw you out? Does it make a difference at what point in the training you are? Does anyone know the current attrition rate?
Thank you!

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Attrition rates depend on the wing, but unless you're just not putting in the effort or do something stupid (conduct unbecoming), chances are you'll make it through Primary. Most of the people who "don't make it" quit, not attrited. Right now, SWO is hard to get, so it really depends on what's going on at the moment, but it seems they find room for people elsewhere in the Navy rather than send them home, at least for the time being.

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
I agree with Gator. I knew a guy who attrited out of Primary and waited nearly 1 year to pick up SWO.

I've had friends DOR or attrite but in the end it seems what the Navy wants, Navy gets. Most of my buddies who attrited submitted packages for various jobs (i.e. SWO, AMDO, Public Affairs, etc) and in the meantime they were standing mad days of watch or stashed with some retard job. I also have a few buddies who DOR'd just recently ship out to the sandbox for IA duty.

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
People leaving during API right now are being redesignated. This includes the med down, DORs, and some who just didn't do well in academics. You do not have to pick SWO on the sheet...

My observation is based only on what I've seen personally in the last six months.

Can't speak to primary.

othromas

AEDO livin’ the dream
pilot
I've had friends DOR or attrite but in the end it seems what the Navy wants, Navy gets. Most of my buddies who attrited submitted packages for various jobs (i.e. SWO, AMDO, Public Affairs, etc) and in the meantime they were standing mad days of watch or stashed with some retard job. I also have a few buddies who DOR'd just recently ship out to the sandbox for IA duty.

The above seems to be the norm, though I haven't heard of any IAs recently.

Let's see: a friend who flunked out in API got out after not getting PAO after working for the Blues (she didn't really put anything else down, though). Another friend in Primary looked around a bit and managed to get minesweepers at Ingleside. Another guy (I seem to make a lot of friends who don't make it through, I know) had an engineering degree and he got CEC, which he's pretty happy about, and yet another guy got METOC, but he had a meteorology degree too.

MasterBates

Another good way to see what is out there is to check the incoming message traffic for the Trawings...

Look for traffic from NAVPERSCOM, and look for orders that ENS/JGs are getting.

It will give you an idea of what people are actually getting right now..

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
soylent3.jpg

Brett

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Another good way to see what is out there is to check the incoming message traffic for the Trawings...

Look for traffic from NAVPERSCOM, and look for orders that ENS/JGs are getting.

It will give you an idea of what people are actually getting right now..

They don't get access. And no, your TIMS login won't get you there.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Policy seems to be no NMCI for Primary studs. Maybe it's just our squadron, but I don't think so. I have seen Primary retreads able to login, but that makes sense, since they have an account and didn't have to stop at API in the interim.

WBGTSNA

NPQ from SNA
Contributor
Don't studs have NMCI now? Or is that just stashes?

NMCI is now required for everyone in A-pool. Therefore, as time progresses, everyone in the TRACOM's will have it. I don't know how long the policy has been in effect though.

Heloanjin

pilot
Non-grade rates

These numbers are for pilot and are only approximate. They include all non-grads (medical, DOR, academic, flight)

API - 1-2%.
Primary - 10-12%.
Jets - 12-14%
Props - 3-4%
Helo - 5-7%

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Go to "Public Folders" on the left, go to NETC, go to WHTG (or whereever you are), go to the squadron and you'll see messages from there. That will only be for that squadron, but you can look for BUPERS orders orders. As for NAVPERSCOM traffic, I don't know if you can get there from the Training Command, but you might. Just looki around for it where you would see "NETC."

NMCI is now required for everyone in A-pool. Therefore, as time progresses, everyone in the TRACOM's will have it. I don't know how long the policy has been in effect though.

That would explain why a stud said that he had his account turned off when coming to TW-5. Interesting. I guess time will tell.